Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    cb27 coils match up to every unit made by lennox. will not be a problem down the road if you want to replace the outdoor unit.
    So you are telling me a 13 Seer coil will match up with a 10 or 12 or 17... Condensing unit??? NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by FSHnFRK View Post
    So you are telling me a 13 Seer coil will match up with a 10 or 12 or 17... Condensing unit??? NOT!

coils have no seer, that blower coil will be a rated match with EVERY unit in the current Lennox line.

every model from the AC13 through the XC21 is rated with that line of coils.

coils have no seer, that blower coil will be a rated match with EVERY unit in the current Lennox line.

every model from the AC13 through the XC21 is rated with that line of coils.

Sorry for asking this question again, but I want to be sure for the money I payed this time:

Do you think if there are problems if my current outdoor KENMORE heat pump (R22, 9 years old) is connected with the new LENNOX CBX27 indoor unit? Thanks a lot.

Yes, the coils aren't matched and aren't designed to work with each other. You could run into uneven pressure problems due to the volumetric difference among the coils. The warranties will be null more than likely as well. A heat pump reverses it's cycle in the winter so the indoor coil becomes the condensor and the outdoor coil becomes the evaporator; this could cause charge issues. Some others may have different advice here, but this is the advice I've gathered here from knowledgable pros being a homeowner with a mismatched system myself.

you had a mismatch before with the keeprite coil and the kenmore unit.

you will still have a mismatch with the new coil, it may or may not be a good match as far as coil volume goes

only way to know for sure is hook it up and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Yes, the coils aren't matched and aren't designed to work with each other. You could run into uneven pressure problems due to the volumetric difference among the coils. The warranties will be null more than likely as well. A heat pump reverses it's cycle in the winter so the indoor coil becomes the condensor and the outdoor coil becomes the evaporator; this could cause charge issues. Some others may have different advice here, but this is the advice I've gathered here from knowledgable pros being a homeowner with a mismatched system myself.
    Thanks.

How about I make sure that I use heat pump only in summer for air conditioning and never use it for heating. Then I use the indoor unit CBX27 (20KW) for heating in the winter.

Do you think this can solve the mismatch problem?

Regards.

you had a mismatch before with the keeprite coil and the kenmore unit.

you will still have a mismatch with the new coil, it may or may not be a good match as far as coil volume goes

only way to know for sure is hook it up and see what happens.
    Thanks.

So, how I can know if it is a good match or not? The technician can tell me after ou during the installation?

Regards.

The 20 KW heating would be expensive. You ideally want to be able to use both the heating and cooling from the heat pump. It's hard to tell how it will work since it's not approved by any manufacturer. It may work fine; it may cause problems. I'd be curious to see what your installing contractor thinks. Ask them before they put it in. Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    The 20 KW heating would be expensive. You ideally want to be able to use both the heating and cooling from the heat pump. It's hard to tell how it will work since it's not approved by any manufacturer. It may work fine; it may cause problems. I'd be curious to see what your installing contractor thinks. Ask them before they put it in. Regards.
    The efficiency is an issue but is not that important. The reason is that we are in Quebec and the heat pump is rarely enough for heating in the winter from December to March. So we need the heating unit in most of time during the winter. Maybe next time when I change the heat pump I will choose a stronger one. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12