Bryant Quietline heating issue

Bryant Quietline central unit (easily 40 years old but still 'works.') What has been happening recently is the burners will kick on and stay lit for about 2 minutes. The burners will kick on - the fan will start shortly after - the burner will run for about another minute and then shut off while the fan runs for about another 3 or 4 minutes.

This will repeat about ever 10 minutes.

A/C works - just this heating issue.

Thanks

Call your HVAC pro.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Yes - I understand that a tech needs to look at it. I was looking for an educated guess as to some possible issues.

40 years old.

Buy a new one.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

What's the point of this forum?

Yes, this unit is 40 years old and still works fine. Yes, a professional needs to take a look at it.

All obvious and useless answers.

Does anyone have some possible reasons given the symptoms?

'Get a new one' and 'call a tech' [as brilliant and full of knowledge as they are] are completely pointless and do not help out in the least.

If your going to hire a tech anyway then what does it matter what we guess at. We havn't seen your system and unless we do its very hard to give you an answer to your question. We are not allowed to give DIY help on this site
    Its a good Life!

First of all, you didn't state a question in your original post. That's beside the point. As the previous post stated, no DIY here and no one can troubleshoot your furnace from here. You did see the forum rules when joining, didn't you? The purpose for this site is there as well so that answers the question you did ask.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by texastea View Post
    Bryant Quietline central unit (easily 40 years old but still 'works.') What has been happening recently is the burners will kick on and stay lit for about 2 minutes. The burners will kick on - the fan will start shortly after - the burner will run for about another minute and then shut off while the fan runs for about another 3 or 4 minutes.

This will repeat about ever 10 minutes.

A/C works - just this heating issue.

Thanks
    your furnace is sayin to you......replace me replace me i am an old decrepid piece of crap. should have replaced it 20 years ago

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by texastea View Post
    Bryant Quietline central unit (easily 40 years old but still 'works <<< Oh no it does NOT
    Please read the warning below
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!