Rhud Rheem icing problems

I have been working on a Rhud Rheem 2.5 ton heat pump for the past two weeks. It has had multiple problems; replaced the reversing valve, accumulator, and filter dryer. I thought that I had the problem fixed. I put a good charge on the system and it seemed to be running well. I got a call that the unit was not blowing warm air (the ambient temp was 33 degrees). I check the outside unit and found the accumulator and compressor suction line are iced up. I am not to sure what to check next. Possibly the defrost timer? if anyone has had trouble like this and knows what the problem might be please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jason

No one here would be able to help you you must get into the pro side to receive that kind of advice. Are you a Preapprentice or something?

Thanks for nothing

No are you? if you are so smart what is the answer? or maybe you aren't that smart?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
    No one here would be able to help you you must get into the pro side to receive that kind of advice. Are you a Preapprentice or something?
    He needs 15 posts to get there. (At least I did).

Sounds like one of several possible problems.

Undersized liquid line.

Indoor & outdoor units not matched.

Under charge.

Restriction at the outdoor metering device. (Did you flow nitrogen while you were brazing?) Did you install a bi flow drier in the liquid line when you changed the accumulator and reversing valve, or did you use a suction drier?

When you charged it did you weigh in the charge and did you allow extra for any line set over 15 feet and extra for the drier?

If your new reversing valve is stuck, it won't defrost properly.

Did you test the defrost board and thermostat? On most systems you can manually initiate a defrost cycle.

That should be a good start.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

What other problems did you have? Just replacing parts is usually not the answer. You must do a proper diagnosis.

Do you have a more experienced tech in your company? Ask him or her.

Good luck.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

Rheem Unit

I replaced the accumulator because it had a leak and the reversing valve was stuck in cooling mode, so it had to go. The filter dryer I installed is byflow and I did use nitrogen. I weighed in the charge and everything seemed to be working fine when I left. The temperature has been rather cold at night, so that was leeding me towards the defrost timer. The unit is freezing from the accumulator to the suction side of the compressor. The last time I had a problem with a timer the whole coil frosted up.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerc21 View Post
    No are you? if you are so smart what is the answer? or maybe you aren't that smart?
    I am smart enough to answer but will not listen to a cocky feller with short unit disease. Buck up and go pro if you have the credentials. Otherwise quit being an ass and wasting time
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Thanks for nothing

Didn't your parents tell you "if you have nothing good to say" "don't say anything at all" If they didn't maybe you should take that advice and run with it.

Nothing is what you deserved. Go away
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

rogerc21,

And you sir need to read the rules. If you did you would realize that these questions can not and will not be answered on a public forum.
    Thead closed.