Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I was avoiding opening up this can of worms. Let the whining about being taken advantage of begin again
    I made it better.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Quote Originally Posted by karsthuntr View Post
    I made it better.
    Knowing that people working on their homes actually need to make a profit seems to irk some consumers. It's best to let them think no one makes a profit from them.

Heaven forbid you rotten contractors ever find out those of us who sell you equipment and supplies make a living off of you by actually making something on the products you buy from us.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Heaven forbid you rotten contractors ever find out those of us who sell you equipment and supplies make a living off of you by actually making something on the products you buy from us.
    That doesn't bother me, what irks me is that often the supplier is making the same $ amount selling 1 piece of equipment to a small low volume contractor as they do selling 5-10 pieces of equipment to a large high volume contractor.

we've actually had a couple of large contractors offer to sell us equipment for cost+10%, which worked out to be 10-30% less, depending on the item, than it cost us to buy it from the same place they do.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    That doesn't bother me, what irks me is that often the supplier is making the same $ amount selling 1 piece of equipment to a small low volume contractor as they do selling 5-10 pieces of equipment to a large high volume contractor.

we've actually had a couple of large contractors offer to sell us equipment for cost+10%, which worked out to be 10-30% less, depending on the item, than it cost us to buy it from the same place they do.
    Your equipment supplier just doesn't like you. There is no way I have that much mark up in equipment I sell.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Your equipment supplier just doesn't like you. There is no way I have that much mark up in equipment I sell.
    Goodmana isn't near as bad about it as the blue oval, Dave, and the orange compressor guys...
    Dave uses no lube!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Hey Robin...........

You're correct. Glad he isn't my customer.

I'm just wondering about the rest of those lead painted floor joist, are you having the lead paint abated? I didn't see you mention it.
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Why is everything thats wrong with YOUR house, someone elses fault. You bought the place.

Or did the realestate agent dupe you too.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

if it wasnt in the contract to run rigit ducts for the return the YES you need to pay for the up drade, This is the way it is and you know it,

now just for the record since lead is you concern
    walking on the floors can loosen it is some cases and just from infiltration and the air blowing arround can expose you to if.

lead solder used on you water lines can also expose you and you need to let the water run for a few seconds before filling anything

why didnt you have the lead paint taken care of
    why are you just pissed at the one contractor and not all of them
    why was this knowtise before the heating guy got started

and most importantly IMO since you knew there was lead paint and the possibility of lead exposeure from the beams the hvac contractor had to work with and arround and be EXPOSED to at a higher level then your family will ever be didnt you warn him of the potential health hazard so he could take precausions to minamize his EXPOSURE

you knew it was there and it didnt matter then now it does WTF

Im confused. Did you know the lead paint was there before the HVAC work was done? And what are you as a homeowner going to do about the rest of the painted joists that are not inside the panning?

I beg to differ that everyhouse over 25 years old has lead paint.

After reading both of the threads from this guy, I think all of this couldnt of happened to a better person. Thank the good Lord he isnt my customer. In the other thread he is complaining about paying 3 times too much for a job, yet he is dumb enough to sign the contract. This guy is the type who is not happy unless he can find some kind of conspiracy. If he cant find one, then lets make one up. And then he's gonna say "we're all to blame" for this. What he was wanting was for him to be able to come here & vent. And we'll just be at his disposal offering up apologies for the whole industry. What a joke.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Posting as a member!

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post

why are you just pissed at the one contractor and not all of them

Tin,

because he probably has threads at

www.myplumbers-talk.com

www.electricians-talk.com

www.mybuildersucks.com

Also!

lead paint

Quote Originally Posted by voleye View Post
    Im confused. Did you know the lead paint was there before the HVAC work was done? And what are you as a homeowner going to do about the rest of the painted joists that are not inside the panning?

I beg to differ that everyhouse over 25 years old has lead paint.
    In 1978 lead paint was banned for residential. (29 years ago) The current HUD forms for selling a house require a lead paint disclosure if the house is pre-1978. (disclosure is merely a notice that it was constructed pre-1978 and lead paint MAY be present) Theoretically, any house built 1978 or later has no lead paint, but this doesn't take into account those folks who had extra stock laying around and decided to use it. However, who painted their joists back in the day? Why would you paint joists instead of covering them with drywall, etc? And why would you paint joists that were to be used as a return (i.e. joists that were to be covered to create a plenum?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast