Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mark stole my thunder. R410a isn't green either. If it was we could just blow the charge instead of recovering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Mark stole my thunder. R410a isn't green either. If it was we could just blow the charge instead of recovering it.

Right after Gore came out with that science fiction movie of his, I had a customer who's wife insisted her new system have the new "environmentally friendly" refrigerant in it, then proceeded to tell me why.

I was already quoting an R-410A system, so it didn't affect my quote anyway, but I felt obligated to tell her the bad news, lol.

She took it well, but was obviously disappointed. Her husband, who doesn't share her environmental concerns, got a good laugh about it at her expense.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Right after Gore came out with that science fiction movie of his,

the global warming issue (is the earth warming or is it not) is just the politicians way of masking a problem

the problem which noone can argue is there is to much waste being emitted into the atmosphere

instead if developing solar and wind powered technology, this country would rather argue about global warming

so as far as gores science fiction movie, it worked, he got you thinking about something else besides a nasty atmosphere

spread the word, who gives a fu-- whether the earth is warming or not, we need to polute the atmosphere a little less!

sorry this should have posted in General or ARP section

I would agree you have the means to get on this site and chat you have the means to get on the web and educate yourself on the equipment you purchased.
    Did your contract specify that he would use the best or he would use R410a.
    Your idea of what is the best and his apparently did not agree.
    You seem very forward in this forum I find it hard to believe you weren't this up front with your contractor. If you were then you shouldn't have an issue with him correcting the problem.
    Good luck

Twilli will pray for you. Boy did they see you coming.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Sounds like you picked the wrong GC. The internet is full of information and lots of people do research on what they want before we even step foot in the door. Sounds like you failed to do any research. Even if there was only one HVAC company as an option, you should have still get prices and quotes from others to take back the the GC and compare.

One reason we cant talk price on here is its not relative. Im sure the person doing a job in rural Kentucky isnt getting the same price for the same job in Downtown San Fran. Cost of living is different everywhere you go.

FYI I replaced the heat pump system in my house last year and when with r-22. Not because it was cheaper. Just a choice I made. We install almost all R410a. Hell there are not to many homeowners out there that know who made the HVAC system in the house let alone what kind of gas is in it. If you want to be green dont install AC!
    Last edited by voleye; 11-25-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: adding to post

Quote Originally Posted by ductaped View Post
    This was the only HVAC contractor available to me through my GC.
    Well then Sir your issue is with your GC not the a/c contractor, he works for the GC and provides what is either on the plans or what the GC requests.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel65 View Post
    Well then Sir your issue is with your GC not the a/c contractor, he works for the GC and provides what is either on the plans or what the GC requests.

BINGO!

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli will pray for you. Boy did they see you coming.

LOL.........you kill me sometimes...............

I'm still waiting to find out what part of the country ductaped was duped in.
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Quote Originally Posted by chucko615 View Post
    I'm still waiting to find out what part of the country ductaped was duped in.
    Jersey, or area surrounding Philly is my scientific wild guess!

Cheese Steak anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post

Cheese Steak anyone?
    Being a former uptight east coast guy myself............

I recognize.......forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post

Cheese Steak anyone?

Well we know ductaped is someplace where he must need more heat than a/c. Why else would he have a 90% boiler instead of a heat pump. Just remember that boiler is burning fossil fuel, how big of a carbon footprint is he leaving. Something else ductaped should remember in the 1957 a/c was considered a luxury in most homes.
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast