digital manometer for draft?

Can I use use my Dwyer 475 for checking over fire draft,and flue draft on my oil boiler? I thought I remember reading flue gas was bad for digital,so i called Dwyer, and he said it should be alright,but didnt seem real sure. Any suggestions?

Shouldn't hurt the meter, but draft readings would be a the limit of its resolution.
    The Testo dual range pocket manometer would be a better instrument for it.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

The testo 510 is the ideal meter for this application. It is pocket sized with a magnetic back, and about $175.00 . Switchable units: hPa, mbar, Pa mmH2O, mmHg, inH2O, inHg, psi, m/s, fpm
    JLB,

Dwyer 460

The Dwyer 460 is the perfect instrument for measuring draft, it is cheap, indestructible and very accurate for this purpose.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Thank you all for the advice.I think I'll order that Dwyer 460 on Monday,I like the price

Get two, makes it nice when testing common vented appliances.

Does anyone use this...... http://www.bacharach-inc.com/draft_gauges.htm I think someone told me they break easily?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    Does anyone use this...... http://www.bacharach-inc.com/draft_gauges.htm I think someone told me they break easily?
    Very breakable, kind of antiquated for todays market and pricey.
    captain CO

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    Looks like it would be at home in a combustion testing kit with the Fyrite "dumbell" gas analyzers......................................... ..on display in the Smithsonian.

Quote Originally Posted by davidr View Post
    The Dwyer 460 is the perfect instrument for measuring draft, it is cheap, indestructible and very accurate for this purpose.
    Is that the one you lay on its side for taking really low pressure readings, like draft readings, or stand up for higher pressure readings, like duct static pressures?

If it is, then yeah, you would have to be trying, purposefully, to break one.

I thought about getting one, but I already carry a digital meter in my tool bag full time that will do draft readings.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Is that the one you lay on its side for taking really low pressure readings, like draft readings, or stand up for higher pressure readings, like duct static pressures?

If it is, then yeah, you would have to be trying, purposefully, to break one.

I thought about getting one, but I already carry a digital meter in my tool bag full time that will do draft readings.
    That's it Mark though it always has to be upright just have two different posrts to use.
    I carry that little testo in my bag also it's the only manometer I have found that's inexpensive that will test draft also.
    Most don't read that low.

I am used to watching the action of the ball as fans cycle on and off during combustion testing, more of a simplistic thing for me while trying to watch analyzer numbers at the same time.

I just keep two of those 460's in the analyzer case along with some other goodies.