Carrier 25HPA - noise question

I have a 2 1/2 ton Performance 25HPA3 compressor that by most standards is pretty quiet. However, it backs up to our bedroom wall and makes a bit of a hum. My question is....are there any optional accessories that might make this unit even quieter?

The Carrier Performance series unit are pretty quiet. The compressor is what you are hearing. You can see if it has protective cover on the compressor. It would quiet it down some but like I said these are quiet unless the outdoor unit is sitting near your bedroom window.

I thought those units were very quiet for the most part. Could it be the lineset or, as said above, the compressor not having a blanket? I can't tell you if it's loud or not from here. It may be your personal tolerance for sound. Have you contacted your contractor with your sound concern?

Compared to what we had before......this unit is quiet. However, sitting not too far away from it is a 2 ton ....that you almost need a stethascope to hear. I would like the 2 1/2 ton to be that quiet. Also...for some odd reason, the 2 1/2 ton is nearly twice the size of the 2 ton. Don't know if that configuration has something to do with it.

In truth, I can't describe the 2 1/2 ton as noisy....just not as quiet as the same model in 2 ton.

What is the make/model of the quiet 2 ton? The Carrier 25HPA units are manufactured big - probably for efficiency, but I'm not certain on that.

25HPA324A30 is 2 T. (Whisper quiet )

25HPA330A30 is 2.5 Ton (size is twice as large as 2 ton), not noisy but 2T is almost silent.
    Both "Carrier Performance" line