Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I complain about this dent in my new condenser?

This is a brand new Rheem 4T RANL compressor. Installation of my new system is in progress, and I noticed that the service panel is dented (see pics). It was either damaged in shipping or when the installers put it in place.

I'm paying good money for a nice system, and part of me says I should make them replace the dented panel. On the other hand, the practical and realistic side of me recognizes that these things are heavy and awkward and easy to dent, and it won't affect function at all. But, I know it'll bug me every time I walk by it.

What do people think - should I ask them to replace the dented panel?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I would not except a dent like that. Request a new one. If it was my company we would already have a new panel comming. Hopefully your company does also.
    Its a good Life!

What do people think - should I ask them to replace the dented panel?
    [/QUOTE]

Did they give you a discount? If not yes ask to have it replaced.
    Jimj

We would have never set a damaged condenser without asking you first do you want it? and if so we can try and come up with some sort of discount we both can agree on, and if we cannot agree on one we would get another condenser,or at least another door simple as that.

I would be more concerned about were is my liquid line drier.
    Unless that's an older Rheem because the newer Rheem/RUUD units
    come with the drier to be installed after the service valve.
    Last edited by Mr Bill; 11-23-2007 at 03:38 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

We install LL driers just before the metering device to catch anything before it gets to the TXV or piston. Hopefully it is there since it isn't outside.

I think you should complain...not sure what is up with Rheem lately but we have been sending back furnaces and coils that have been damaged lately...it's to the point where our distributor is opening them before they even bother sending them to us....a customer should expect to have a NEW looking system for what we charge them to install it unless they know it's scratch and dent and get it for less than market.

You should complain about the dent. Either they should replace the dent or give you a credit or discount.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    We install LL driers just before the metering device to catch anything before it gets to the TXV or piston. Hopefully it is there since it isn't outside.
    Yup, it is inside before the TXV.

Thanks for everyone's answers. Seems unanimous that it is appropriate for me to ask for a new service panel cover.

I've not yet brought it up to the company. They'll be back in a couple days to complete the install and I'm sure they'll make it right when I tell them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by m kilgore View Post
    I would not except a dent like that. Request a new one. If it was my company we would already have a new panel comming. Hopefully your company does also.
    Solid company. I brought it up to the Sales Manager/Project Manager and his installer had already told him about it and a new one is on order. Nice to see people standing behind their work!

I see snow on the ground. If you're in snow country the unit should be set on pump ups. Have them do that when they come back to replae the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by davefr View Post
    I see snow on the ground. If you're in snow country the unit should be set on pump ups. Have them do that when they come back to replae the panel.
    i agree
    even if it is an extra or you will be shoveling snow away fron the unit so it will work correctly

Quote Originally Posted by davefr View Post
    I've never seen an A/C condenser raised due to snow around here. Heat pumps, yes, as they will be operating when there is snow on the ground. But this unit is A/C only, so won't be running during snow time.

Twilli says all Rheems come dented don't they.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast