line sizing for 3 ton split

Have unfinished 3 ton system ( contractor ran away). furnace and cooling coil installed with ductwork tied in . refrigerant lines tied in as well. no condencer yet , no gas line and no control wires. My suction line is 3/4 (refrigeration) and liquid is 3/8. Lines about 45-50 ft long and 20 ft. high split between AH and CU (CU below). System is Rheem and according to their specs suction should be 7/8. But customer do not want to go through trouble opening walls and pay extra for repiping it( I guees he got ripped on that one). He wants to go with cheapest condencer what will match install ( probably not Rheem.
    Question is if I should be worried too much about slightly undersized suction line.

[Question is if I should be worried too much about slightly undersized suction line.
    [/QUOTE]

I assume we're talking about R22, if that's the case yes it will work mechanically. You will however have a capacity drop due to line set sizing.

Jimj

CYA, make the homeowner sign off on the undersized lines he does not want replaced.

3 ton 3/4" is fine for a Rheem. If that's what the evap is, I sure would want to install a matching CU. If budget doesn't permit a RAND, then how about a 13AJA36. Nice units for the buck, priced like a cheapo builder but built like a tank.

I saw something in a Detroit J-mart I liked if they enforce it. Signs everywhere saying no compressor warranty if unit isn't with a matching evap!

A few of our 13AJAs from the last couple months
    Attached Images Attached Images     

thank You all for replies. any sugestions who sells them in NJ?

Quote Originally Posted by uke View Post
    thank You all for replies. any sugestions who sells them in NJ?
    P & N Supply
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Do You have more specific info on P&N. I do not deal with them so I do not know where to look for them.

as any good journeyman would say "what a clusterF*^& system design is a given @ 25'...thats a no go on the warranty sir...i can size the suction line right for you and the warranty will cover it next time, that is after a triple sweep and 500 microns it'll run as long as my dads will...
    customer: sold git r done...

10/4?

Quote Originally Posted by uke View Post
    Do You have more specific info on P&N. I do not deal with them so I do not know where to look for them.
    http://www.pndistribution.com/