+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "I wander why it's not cooling"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    I would only hope Nick and Christina have enough sense to simply forward these videos to the HVAC contractor in the interest of due diligence. The contractor could then respond to a myriad of mistakes, misinformation and concerns.

More likely they grin and bear it, write him a check to shut him up; and watch his videos late at night for a good laugh. I seriously doubt he fixed any leak or even added any juice. As noted, braze joints don't look that polished AFTER the weld. He probably called his hvac buddy for help and it was something simple all along - however it is curious why aux heat and the heat pump were running at the same time in such mild temps and so close to set point. Wouldn't it be funny if Nick did share the video with an HVAC contractor just for laughs...and then have to ask poolfixer "did you really put freon in my puron system"?

We have a number of wealthy clients with house keepers who piddle around all day finding stuff to do. They are generally quite helpful to me, assist me in finding my way around and grabbing ladders, lights and such. They generally stay out of my way.

However this guy I'd have to dispatch to the electrical panel to test the temperature of the main lugs coming in (if the one on the left feels warmer then the one on the right or vice versa, we might have a problem - be sure not to touch the bare ground wires!). No way I could handle him following me around and talking incessantly. Or at least tell him I think one of the door "closers" needs fixing and send him on his way .

9 am till dusk...I really doubt that too.

You don't suppose we have enough clues to track down this "Brennan's, Nick and Christina" do we..? Or is that just too much sh!t disturbing? Actually the model and serial would give me all I need to know if it's registered, wouldn't it?
    Someone did track them down in the original thread. I think their address was wisely removed by the mods.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rc811002 View Post
    Someone did track them down in the original thread. I think their address was wisely removed by the mods.
    Original thread? I missed that.

Post Likes
    Original thread? I missed that.
    This http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....light=handyman

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

Post Likes
    Ah...so I see. Guess it just makes the competent techs worth their hire...

Post Likes
    I would only hope Nick and Christina have enough sense to simply forward these videos to the HVAC contractor in the interest of due diligence. The contractor could then respond to a myriad of mistakes, misinformation and concerns.

More likely they grin and bear it, write him a check to shut him up; and watch his videos late at night for a good laugh. I seriously doubt he fixed any leak or even added any juice. As noted, braze joints don't look that polished AFTER the weld. He probably called his hvac buddy for help and it was something simple all along - however it is curious why aux heat and the heat pump were running at the same time in such mild temps and so close to set point. Wouldn't it be funny if Nick did share the video with an HVAC contractor just for laughs...and then have to ask poolfixer "did you really put freon in my puron system"?

We have a number of wealthy clients with house keepers who piddle around all day finding stuff to do. They are generally quite helpful to me, assist me in finding my way around and grabbing ladders, lights and such. They generally stay out of my way.

However this guy I'd have to dispatch to the electrical panel to test the temperature of the main lugs coming in (if the one on the left feels warmer then the one on the right or vice versa, we might have a problem - be sure not to touch the bare ground wires!). No way I could handle him following me around and talking incessantly. Or at least tell him I think one of the door "closers" needs fixing and send him on his way .

9 am till dusk...I really doubt that too.

You don't suppose we have enough clues to track down this "Brennan's, Nick and Christina" do we..? Or is that just too much sh!t disturbing? Actually the model and serial would give me all I need to know if it's registered, wouldn't it?

When I was watching the video I was thinking it sure looks like the Pacific Nothwest.

I found these guys in Seattle. I'll bet they are the install company. Someone should give them a call. It looks like they are more of a Lennox dealer, but that doesn't mean they don't also install Carrier. Or the video was 2 years ago. They may have done Carriers back then.

http://www.brennanheating.com/
    [B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    When I was watching the video I was thinking it sure looks like the Pacific Nothwest.

I found these guys in Seattle. I'll bet they are the install company. Someone should give them a call. It looks like they are more of a Lennox dealer, but that doesn't mean they don't also install Carrier. Or the video was 2 years ago. They may have done Carriers back then.

http://www.brennanheating.com/
    The Brennan's are the HO. I think this is a dog best left laying while we laugh about Nick' Handyman, "now where is that transformer?"

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Post Likes
    The Brennan's are the HO. I think this is a dog best left laying while we laugh about Nick' Handyman, "now where is that transformer?"
    I agree. Understandable knee jerk...but ultimately not worth the trouble.

Post Likes
    I've watched quite a few of the videos, I wonder if this is the brannans just having a laugh at the general ineptitude... Kind of like "idiot abroad" and he is Carl, but he doesn't know

Sent from my van

Post Likes
    I was watching some of his videos. Please gouge my eyes out and rip my ears off if I do that again...

Poolfixer's name is Paul.

Seriously, if I ever look like I am going to watch his videos again, please kill me!

Like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMtDW...ZGu_1g7yNdn9Tg. try to make it to 14:00, he falls through the basement shelves.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Post Likes
    "Breathe Paul, breathe..."

This guy hasn't the slightest clue how special he is...You think Nick gets this, hears the guy say "take apart the oven" and immediately dispatches a professional plumber at midnight?
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    Its painfull yet I cant stop watching.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I don't understand the purpose of these videos. It's almost as if Paul's superior, Nick, is expecting him to record every moment of his call. I guess it saves on paperwork?

More to the point, what client would let a contractor video tape the visit in their home?! I can't be the only one who finds that creepy.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I saw that one too, I'm not sure why she uses a circular saw...

Sent from my van

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielandersen2 View Post
    I saw that one too, I'm not sure why she uses a circular saw...

Sent from my van

Looks like she has a metal cutting blade on it. For all that work, she made $6.00!

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Post Likes
    Looks like she has a metal cutting blade on it. For all that work, she made $6.00!

Would have been much easier to just undo the housing bolts

Post Likes
    Someone should tell him never ever to touch an hvac system ever again because hes gonna seriously hurt himself i almost feel bad for him because he has not a clue what hes doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJ-HVAC/R View Post
    Haha

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CircusEnvy View Post
    Must've been this guy:

(Credit to gonnagetcha for finding the video)
    OMG! I really have no words to describe the utter amazement I have right now for this one man's stupidity and ignorance. His stupidity at posting this video for all the world to see just dumbfounds me to no end.
    A people who would exchange liberty for apparent safety, will deserve neither and lose both.

Post Likes
    http://youtu.be/NGllepZY2HE he is at it again...

Sent directly from my thoughts using tinfoil antennas and a stainless steel mixing bowl helmet.

Post Likes
    That happened to me the first year we moved into our house. My neighbours were asking me why there units weren't working. I said look at your cover haha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in