Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Had an LT17 6 or 7 years ago, worked okay until I read voltage with the leads plugged into the Capacitance ports.
    Bye bye, Fieldpiece

Have another Fieldpiece now--has amp clamp, capacitance, VDC, VAC, amps, temp, continuity, and ohms.
    In weather below 0* F it reads capacitance when you are not even reading a capacitor. (spelling)

Have lots of Flukes though, with nary a problemo with any of them. Also have a Meterman wavetek, which has served well thus far.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Got my replacement meter.

Forgot I posted this post got my meter replaced by Fieldpiece. The new meter works just fine. I will have to agree with some on here some techs only deserve to have a rusty old screw driver and rusty old channelocks because the don't take care of anything. My tools are always cleaned before they go back in the place they belong. My meters have their own shelf on my truck never never abused. When I get my new truck finished I will post some pics of it. I don't loan tools, don't ask unless you are willing to loan me your wife. You wouldn't eat your lunch with a fork that had been in the bottom of your tool bag for weeks, would you???? Thanks guys and gals for all of the valuable input i have received from this website.
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
    ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Had an LT17 6 or 7 years ago, worked okay until I read voltage with the leads plugged into the Capacitance ports.
    Bye bye, Fieldpiece

Have another Fieldpiece now--has amp clamp, capacitance, VDC, VAC, amps, temp, continuity, and ohms.
    In weather below 0* F it reads capacitance when you are not even reading a capacitor. (spelling)

Have lots of Flukes though, with nary a problemo with any of them. Also have a Meterman wavetek, which has served well thus far.

Ahhhh .... if you dont want that Lt17 .... I will take it. a $0.75 fuse and I would have a great back up. Not like I dont carry them with me now.

Have both Fluke and Fieldpiece, Guess it just depends on what Im doing but the fieldpiece goes in first with my hand tools 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    Ahhhh .... if you dont want that Lt17 .... I will take it. a $0.75 fuse and I would have a great back up. Not like I dont carry them with me now.

Have both Fluke and Fieldpiece, Guess it just depends on what Im doing but the fieldpiece goes in first with my hand tools 90% of the time.
    I did carry them with me, as once when measuring temp of a vapor line and alternating to check voltage at contactor I had discovered the fuse.

But alas, in this case the fuse did not provide ample protection and the meter did not live.

Hey Doctor. I like your avitar. years ago when they first started posting those signs on interstate 5 north of San Diego I recieved one for my birthday it was in my office for years. Over the Man was 100 pts, the woman 50 pts and the kid 25 pts. They all said I was bad but no one wanted me to take it down.

Stepping in front of a car going 70 is natures way of cleaning up the gene pool. hmmmmm that ought to start something. heh heh heh

H36

Quote Originally Posted by in-trane-ing View Post
    only problem ive had with my fieldpiece is where the leads plug into the meter the positive came loose from the circuit board. it was out of warranty so i just soldered it back on and havent had any problems since. Ive been using mine for about 4 years now

Same problem the solder broke loose inside, I can not blame it,the thing has hits the floor hard plenty of times. I have owned my now for 3 years its a great tool.
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by weber View Post
    Well, My experience with fieldpiece has been excellent!
    The problem some of you are seeing is on certain models the meter uses the same selection for amps as ac voltage. The meter is ranging it self looking for a reading when there is no voltage or amperage to be detected. Thats where those odd numbers come from.
    I was wondering about all these people saying the meter lied to them and I was way confused, but that makes sense. Basically when I am in AC mode on my HS36, looking for voltages, I know I will not usually see a straight 0 reading. I have gotten so used to it I don't even think twice. everything more than 40 volts or so triggers the 'high voltage warning' and so the meter beeps. I end up 'ringing out' live circuits as if I was testing continuity, not even looking at the meter (unless I am testing 208 controls of course, and then everything beeps). on low voltage I just use it as normal, poking around until my reading pops above the mv range. the readings are quick, and in my experience, very accurate. it does take a little getting used to to understand that 167 mv (for example) is essentially a 0 reading.

Again I love the HS36 and would highly reccomend it to anybody. I had gotten so used to the peculiarities of the meter, that i didn't even realize that it could be a problem for some.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Field piece Warranty

I got a hs35 fieldpiece (179.00) in april 07 It took a crap on 1-24-8 so It made there 1yr warr. to replace or repair. I got one back today, Not mine not new. I keep my tools very well. It stayed in the case and was not beat up. you sent me one that was beat up worst than my old fluke that i replaced it with.The face is scraped up It states in the warr I would get one in as good as condition. I also posted this on hvactalk.com please contact me about this.

I'm a nice guy but, you just don't mess with a pros tools.

I have a FP SC76, I think. See my profile picture. Most of my meters and test equipment from my tool bags are in that pix.

Anyway, lately it has been acting real squirrel-y when I change the dial to the Microfarad setting, and does not give an accurate reading. I had thought it was just the subzero weather, but it has continued to do this even when it gets up to the balmy
    20s.

I'll see if it resurrects. Has anyone else experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac46504 View Post
    I got a hs35 fieldpiece (179.00) in april 07 It took a crap on 1-24-8 so It made there 1yr warr. to replace or repair. I got one back today, Not mine not new. I keep my tools very well. It stayed in the case and was not beat up. you sent me one that was beat up worst than my old fluke that i replaced it with.The face is scraped up It states in the warr I would get one in as good as condition. I also posted this on hvactalk.com please contact me about this.

I'm a nice guy but, you just don't mess with a pros tools.

hvac46504....call Fieldpiece and ask for Travis. (714)-257-9060 Problem will be solved....I Promise.

I have a FP SC76, I think. See my profile picture. Most of my meters and test equipment from my tool bags are in that pix.

Anyway, lately it has been acting real squirrel-y when I change the dial to the Microfarad setting, and does not give an accurate reading. I had thought it was just the subzero weather, but it has continued to do this even when it gets up to the balmy
    20s.

Change your batteries. When the batteries get weak and sit in the cold they lose even more power.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Have FP hs36 5 months when volts scale died.Very pleased with customer service and return quickly.

20s.

i just had this problem check the fuse.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast