Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ault51 View Post
    blewbyu2.. call Fieldpiece and ask for Travis. You will be taken care of..
    If you can't trust your meter, first time--every time: Who can you trust?????
    keep your ice cold and flame hot

Quote Originally Posted by blewbyu2 View Post
    Threw my fieldpiece in the garbage today. It double crossed me three times this year. First time I called maintenance at a hospital to tell them to have their electrician find out why I didn't have power to a condenser on the roof, they got a kick out of that one, what were you smoking you've got 240 there. Second time it failed to pick up a grounded leg on a compressor, thank God someone else picked it up with thier meter or else it would of cost us alot of wasted time. Yesterday I was doing battle with an electronic actuator when I picked up 175 volts of control voltage, bizarre!! Of course I jumped the gun an told the boss I'd found the problem, wrong. At least this time I went back to the van I got my fluke 16, and quess what 116 volts to the actuator. Had to divorce the *****, just couldn't trust her.
    I feel your pain,had the same thing happen to me and I got zapped by 460 got rid of that meter and got nothing but flukes from now on.

Just got an email from Fieldpiece

Today i recieved an email that they are sending me a new meter. Time will tell, I bought a Fluke T5-600 have been duing a lot of Liebert, Marvair, and Bard throught the wall with strip heaters and economisers nice meter fits right in tool bag does not seem to be affected by rain or moisture. Think that the Fieldpiece will become a back up. Thanks for all the input guys.
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
    ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

I Love Fieldpiece

I got a Fieldpiece HS-36 and I love it. I abuse everything (runs in my genes ) and It has never let me down. The switchable head feature I use regularly, and everytime I bring the meter out when another tech is handy, they are blown away.

I see the fluke as an electrician's meter, being used for HVAC stuff, adaquate, but not Ideal. the Fieldpiece is obviously designed for HVAC applications, and it has served me VERY well.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Twilli has never had a problem with his...sorry to hear about your troubles
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

I use a Fieldpiece SC77 that I carry in my bag all the time. During warranty it wouldn't read DC voltage at all, no problem they sent me a new one and I haven't had any problems since. I have a Fluke multimeter that I keep as a backup for double check but on the go I use my SC77 primarily.

My experiece with FP has been that the rotary switch can be a bit flaky. When it acts up, wiggle the switch and it flies right. As with all meters, test it on a known good circuit prior for best results, safety. Aside from this issue, not terribly impressed with the auto ranging. I can be 5 checks ahead with a fluke by the time the FP settles on one reading. Time is money eh?

Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    I got a Fieldpiece HS-36 and I love it. I abuse everything (runs in my genes ) and It has never let me down. The switchable head feature I use regularly, and everytime I bring the meter out when another tech is handy, they are blown away.

I see the fluke as an electrician's meter, being used for HVAC stuff, adaquate, but not Ideal. the Fieldpiece is obviously designed for HVAC applications, and it has served me VERY well.
    Fluke has addressed this and produced the Fluke 902 HVAC meter...I got one and love it. I converted to fluke from fieldpiece a year ago because the fieldpiece lied to me with the wrong readings one too many times.

Thumbs up more basic the better

Ive had feildpeice for years have lots of accessorie heads. I made the mistake of buyiny the autoranging version after my ond one disapeared or grew legs at a jobsite, I used the thing for a week got so pissed I bought another standard model that is truly a great unit tough dependable the magnet strap is really cool. I had several flukes good meters pain in the ass to use in a tight spot.

I had a field POS meter for a month. it was so unreliable I gave it to the counter guy at johnstone. he thought I was doing him a favor. My Fluke 87 is over 10 years old and never failed and as far as I know never lied to me. :-)

My field piece won't work at all for me, some dam bastards stole it along with my new veto lc bag. never gave me a problem till then.
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

Well, My experience with fieldpiece has been excellent!

I own many meters, Fluke has always been good to me, but carry my fieldpiece in my bag everyday.

The problem some of you are seeing is on certain models the meter uses the same selection for amps as ac voltage. The meter is ranging it self looking for a reading when there is no voltage or amperage to be detected. Thats where those odd numbers come from.

For that reason I dont carry those models. I recommend the sc77. I have more then one of these. I carry one in my work truck and one in my personal truck. Before these came out I had the 76, that I used everyday. I could not tell you were my flukes are because I dont know, I think I have one that holds some books on my self but that might be an older Fieldpiece.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

It is a wonder some tech's dont have more problems with their tools other than meters. Look at the way some throw their stuff in the van, if I get thrown around like that I aint gonna work either.

I had to buy my stuff, so it is taken care of and by the way I have 3 Fieldpiece meters and they all work fine.
    What we have here, is a failure to communicate........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast