Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My HS 36 lied like a dog using HZ to set the frequency for a 16KW standby generator. Caused me to jack the voltage alll over the place and had to call the shop. Our truck Mechanic came out with his Fluke and ribbed me into the ground about having to bail out a 30 yr career old f**t! Took another hr to dial back in the right HZ & volts and move on. Now I'm suppose to use the fp again? "When pigs fly"!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Please remember the HS-36 is a true RMS meter and does not average out the frequency like the HS-35 does or many fluke meters. that could be the source of the trouble. the cheapest true RMS meter i've seen by fluke is over $250. (but I like my fieldpiece, so I don't look that often ) so It is possible the buddy didn't have one, and the problem was the operator, not the tool.

just a possibility. to each his own.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

I have both Fieldpiece and Fluke meters. I like them both

That is the most dissapointingly non-controversial answer I've seen. could you please pick one side or the other so we can continue to smear those with views different than ours?!? none of this reasonability junk.

It's just the ARP in me talking fellas. I better lay down and let it wear off.

Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

I bought the HVAC GUIDE from fieldpiece it's working fine. The only problem is that I
    haven't been able to download the software.I called costumer support a few times. They are good at answering the phone but the last time that I called customer service, I spoke to a man named Russ, who told me he would send me an e-mail with the solution for the problem. He still has not contacted me and it has been about three weeks.

Need help, just call.

If you need help with a Fieldpiece product just give us a call. I travel a lot so I am not always available personally but there are people at Fieldpiece who can help. 714 634 1844.

I've got an HS36 that has suddenly decided to start acting, well strange. When the mode selector is "Off" I still have a display and the display is very random, sometimes discernable numbers, sometimes O.L and sometimes just crazy $#!T.
    I am the Stig

Wore out 2 UEI/TPI meters, you know the $49.00 disposable one's. Bought a FP 17A used it for about 10 days, just didn't "Feel" right swapped it for a Fluke 115 for everyday use. I can't stand auto ranging meters so The Fluke 87 stays in the van till it gets really tough and I need wild stuff along with the 52 and the 32. I have nothing bad to say about FP.

Yea the Fluke 115 is an autoranging meter but I Like it anyway !

I still use my amprobe RS3 ultra and my old Simpson (is it a 260 or a 360 can't remember).

Co-workers love the FP17A

Go with what you like !
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234