Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Fieldpiece meter problems have you had any?

Had to send my LT16A back for repairs, display locked at 0.00 MZ no matter where you set it. Still under warranty. Really like this meter true rms great for variable speed motors.
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
    ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

i have the hs-36, and honestly im disappointed, and so are a couple other people i know who have it. say im looking at a t-stat thats not calling for cooling, between r and y1 ill get crazy readings like 42 , 12.454343, 92, 360v etc. it wont beep like when theres power but its very annoying.

also, for continuity, unless its an imaculate connection, it wont read anything on brand new contactors, relays, etc./

Overall, I am satisfied with all my FP instruments. They have good customer service from what I know.

I won one at a supply house customer appreciation day and used it for about a year then it started acting really funny.It would come on sometimes then sometimes it would not then it lied to me one day said that there was no voltage there,and there was.From that point I went that day and bought me an Fluke 902 and threw the fieldpiece away and went back to my Fluke products.I have had nothing but good service out of the Fluke meters that I own.

Wish Fluke would adopt the easy pick amp probe that Fieldpiece and UEI have, instead of the clunky red clamp they have. That's a big reason I like both the others even tho I own 2 Flukes.

only problem ive had with my fieldpiece is where the leads plug into the meter the positive came loose from the circuit board. it was out of warranty so i just soldered it back on and havent had any problems since. Ive been using mine for about 4 years now

H36

Quote Originally Posted by in-trane-ing View Post
    only problem ive had with my fieldpiece is where the leads plug into the meter the positive came loose from the circuit board. it was out of warranty so i just soldered it back on and havent had any problems since. Ive been using mine for about 4 years now

Same problem the solder broke loose inside, I can not blame it,the thing has hits the floor hard plenty of times. I have owned my now for 3 years its a great tool.
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

I Love Fieldpiece

I got a Fieldpiece HS-36 and I love it. I abuse everything (runs in my genes ) and It has never let me down. The switchable head feature I use regularly, and everytime I bring the meter out when another tech is handy, they are blown away.

I see the fluke as an electrician's meter, being used for HVAC stuff, adaquate, but not Ideal. the Fieldpiece is obviously designed for HVAC applications, and it has served me VERY well.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Twilli has never had a problem with his...sorry to hear about your troubles
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

I use a Fieldpiece SC77 that I carry in my bag all the time. During warranty it wouldn't read DC voltage at all, no problem they sent me a new one and I haven't had any problems since. I have a Fluke multimeter that I keep as a backup for double check but on the go I use my SC77 primarily.

My experiece with FP has been that the rotary switch can be a bit flaky. When it acts up, wiggle the switch and it flies right. As with all meters, test it on a known good circuit prior for best results, safety. Aside from this issue, not terribly impressed with the auto ranging. I can be 5 checks ahead with a fluke by the time the FP settles on one reading. Time is money eh?

Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    I got a Fieldpiece HS-36 and I love it. I abuse everything (runs in my genes ) and It has never let me down. The switchable head feature I use regularly, and everytime I bring the meter out when another tech is handy, they are blown away.

I see the fluke as an electrician's meter, being used for HVAC stuff, adaquate, but not Ideal. the Fieldpiece is obviously designed for HVAC applications, and it has served me VERY well.
    Fluke has addressed this and produced the Fluke 902 HVAC meter...I got one and love it. I converted to fluke from fieldpiece a year ago because the fieldpiece lied to me with the wrong readings one too many times.

I've said it once and I will say it again: "Fieldpiece are for amatuers, Fluke's are for professionals. Enough said!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast