Thread: Carrier 24ANA1

Carrier 24ANA1

On a new install,a 5 ton 21 SEER condenser model (24ANA1). Modified the condenser to work with a 2 stage thermostat instead of the Carrier Infinity t-stat .The Unit documentation clearly states that the Infinity control thermostat can only be used,but this is for a control guys house and wants to run off of his Siemens control system. The problem that exists is that the ECM condenser fan motor runs at high speed instead of ramping, and the error code light constently displays an error. Help!?

there you go... use the infinity control

Quote Originally Posted by a/cwar View Post
    On a new install,a 5 ton 21 SEER condenser model (24ANA1). Modified the condenser to work with a 2 stage thermostat instead of the Carrier Infinity t-stat .The Unit documentation clearly states that the Infinity control thermostat can only be used,but this is for a control guys house and wants to run off of his Siemens control system. The problem that exists is that the ECM condenser fan motor runs at high speed instead of ramping, and the error code light constently displays an error. Help!?
    add some more info to your profile tech or ?

Quote Originally Posted by a/cwar View Post
    The Unit documentation clearly states that the Infinity control thermostat can only be used,. Help!?
    What more needs to be said???? Ask your local Carrier dist. for info. available to connect to the Seimens. There is lit. available from the factory.

I hwas to understand that NO thermostat other then the INFINTY works on that unit. The 16 SEER you can use any stat that has 2 stages,but the Carrier book say INFINITY CONTROL ONLY
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

He can probably use the Infinity UI and a Remote Access Module. Siemens should be able to interface at the RAM.

He'll need the documentation from the distributor tech rep to make it happen.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Unfortunetly ( actually it's a good thing) I'm not in my office right now so I don't have access to the info. we give to the controls co. for interfacing with their systems and I won't be back until next Monday. Hope everyone has a great T'day.