My furnace wasn't working and i ended up taking the oil ignition control box apart. It looks like theres a magnetic switch in there.
my question is, whats makes that switch activate? If i push it over with a clamp everything works fine, house gets warm and i just have to take the clamp off to make it stop. it still runs for a few minutes though.
could my thermostat be bad. if i remember correctly it used to have a little spark when i turned the dial to a warmer temp. Now there isn't a spark.
I know this probably ain't safe. any help?