+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Johnson FX MD20

Post Likes

Johnson FX MD20

I am working on programming an FX MD20. I have a few TEC thermostats I need to bring readings and setpoints into the MD 20. I am assuming I use the gateway?

Post Likes
    Yes, you do use the gateway. Just remember you won't be able to adjust setpoints via the display, only at the stat.

Post Likes
    Thanks. I will have to check on setpoints though, The owner said they were setting the tecs from the display before.

Post Likes
    The problem, as I understand it, is that when commanding a setpoint through the gateway the TEC sees it as an override. The TEC's only allow one setpoint to be overriden at a time. There is no "release" command available to clear the override. So, you may be able change one setpoint but not both.

At least that's the way it was when I did one last year. As you know, things change awfully fast in this business.

Post Likes
    well, I started programming this today and cannot get the gateway to work. I chose the proper adi points and index but all I get is question marks. any idea what I am doing wrong?

Post Likes
    Has anyone got some experience with JCI MD20D20 (the LonWorks version of MD20). I have the program (.apd) downloaded to the device but I need to download the profile into the controller too. To download the application to the MD20 I used N2Open CommPro (direct connection, RS232, null modem cable) and I know, that the LonWorks profile should be downloaded with MD20 LON Loader, but the option to download application is not active and I don't have the required .nxe file for the display.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in