Anyone here service Durham / Raleigh, NC?

I need to replace two HVAC systems in my 1926 home. I have been astounded at the range of prices and opinions. Would love to talk to a reasonably priced stand-up guy or gal who can outline the best options for my home and maybe even get off their butt and do a load calc. Any takers or referrals?

Quote Originally Posted by helcat View Post
    I need to replace two HVAC systems in my 1926 home. I have been astounded at the range of prices and opinions. Would love to talk to a reasonably priced stand-up guy or gal who can outline the best options for my home and maybe even get off their butt and do a load calc. Any takers or referrals?
    call 919-441-5090

So you want all of the stuff that comes with a great install for a cheap price?
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman View Post
    So you want all of the stuff that comes with a great install for a cheap price?

Are you always so defensive?! I never said cheap, I said reasonably priced and suggested that I'd like a load calc as is always preached here on this board. Is it unreasonable to expect either of those things?

Thumbs up PLANNING and Selections

I need to replace two HVAC systems in my 1926 home.
    Would love to talk to a reasonably priced stand-up guy or gal who can outline the best options for my home and maybe even get off their butt and do a load calc. Any takers or referrals?

HELL CAT,

INDEPENDENT Manual J Load Calc :

Send me:
    1. Electronic DWG file of your house plans.
    2. Window specs ( SHGC and U-Value)
    3. R-value of walls and ceiling
    4. House orientation

Electric Cost =~ $0.11 / kW
    Is there an applicable Winter rate reduction for an all electric house?

I'll recommend two right-sized SEER 16 Heat Pumps with variable speed air handlers with energy cost estimate.
    .................................................. .......
    reasonably priced = TOTALLY Subjective !
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    HELL CAT,

INDEPENDENT Manual J Load Calc :

Send me:
    1. Electronic DWG file of your house plans.
    2. Window specs ( SHGC and U-Value)
    3. R-value of walls and ceiling
    4. House orientation

Electric Cost =~ $0.11 / kW
    Is there an applicable Winter rate reduction for an all electric house?

I'll recommend two right-sized SEER 16 Heat Pumps with variable speed air handlers with energy cost estimate.
    .................................................. .......
    reasonably priced = TOTALLY Subjective !
    Dan,

Thanks for the offer! I will e-mail you by Friday after I get done filling up on Turkey :-) Is a jpg of a scanned hand sketch good enough? I might have it in MS Visio as well. Presumably you can make a reasonable rule-of-thumb guesstimate of the (in)efficiency of original 1926 single paned wood windows?

I realize that price is subjective, but just as one example I have actually had, for a simple change-out of two systems is crazy. Given the choice I'd much rather support an honest small business that does work they will stand behind, than to pay for the bloated marketing and sales budget of another company.

Helcat

What part of NO PRICING do you NOT understand?
    Last edited by ARPA; 11-21-2007 at 08:44 PM.

Call Jimmy Kennovin(sp?) with Deluxe Home Comfort out of Garner. He is a smaller, family owned and operated business who does quality work. You can find his phone # in the yellow pages.

Quote Originally Posted by beachhvac View Post
    Call Jimmy Kennovin(sp?) with Deluxe Home Comfort out of Garner. He is a smaller, family owned and operated business who does quality work. You can find his phone # in the yellow pages.
    Thanks. I gave them a call but Durham is a little to far for them.

You can call Newcomb and Company. This is where I work. We have been in business since 1954.