need advice on geo pond loop

Hi need some quick advice on a pond loop that i installed with the help of a guy who had said he had done it before, i am getting a 4 ton geo unit installed next week ,i was to install loop and they were to install geo pump,we installed a 2000ft continuois loop of 1/14 pipe with no headers ,4-500 ft rolls of 11/4 tied together in series ,4 rows of loops which made a 16x40 rectangle of loops , he said he done this before it was weighd down to make it suspend and then we filled it ,i have now been doing some homework and found out a header should have been installed ,my pond has froze over this week is it worth having contractor come and install geo pump or wait till spring and start over ,will this work i do still have electric back up furnace that is staying ,poss a lger recirc pump ? thanks for your advice

Thats a restrictive loop.

Ask the company thats doing the geo.
    They are the ones you will have to deal with later for warranty and routine maintanence.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Hi the person that helped with the loop knows the contractor which i have given a deposit too ! ,iam basically looking for some good advice will this work ,will a lgr pump help or is it a write off and wait till spring and start over

Don't know if it will work right or not.
    Can't see it from my chair.
    A larger circ will push the water through, but will also use more electric to do it.

Doesn't matter if the guy knows your contractor or not.
    When it comes to warranty work, your GEO contractor could void your warranty if they decide all of a sudden that the loops not proper. He's the one that must approve it, or tell you to redo it.

Personally, I would redo it. The water velocity could be too high going through it as a single loop for effective heat transfer. Making your Geo a lot less efficient then its suppose to be.
    Manifolded, the velocity through 4 circuits would of course be 1/4 of the single, and have a better heat transfer rate.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Geo

You need better advice. #1 - pond must have adequate input and effluent of water.
    #2 loop should be piped in a "parallel return" method, to stabilize flow rates
    #3 depending on where you are, and the depth of the pond, the pond loop may need antifreeze.
    #4 the size of the circulating pump/pumps you will need are critical to optimum energy savings.

Anyways, if you get hard at it, email me cunning@ns.sympatico.ca. 28 yrs geothermal experience. Good luck.

Rick

902-222-8369 <cell>

Rick take your e-mail address out of your post and put it in your contact info. Bots come to the site looking for e-mail addresses and slow the site down.
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules