Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

glow ignitor problem

working on a friends furnace,coleman, recently he had a new outside power breaker box installed. any don't know if theres a coralation. i checked for primery power 120v and secandary power 24v, checked all hi limits enducer fan pressure swith,blower all checked fine, but the glow ignitor was not reciving any power, by the way what voltage should i be getting ? thinking 120volt? ......... but still no voltage at all to igntator read the blinking chart blinking does not idicate anything it reads, infact the only thing that is close " revese pollaritty, how do i do that ? swith wires on the primery side of the transformer?...... my guess i have a bad board. please advice. thank you.

This is a question for the pro side of the site. After 209 posts, if you're a pro, you should submit your papers for review and get access to the pro side where you can get questions like this answered. Asking from the open side makes it appear you're a HO and we aren't allowed to help DIYers. So do youself a favor and get onto the pro side.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Quote Originally Posted by newbeetech View Post
    working on a friends furnace,coleman, recently he had a new outside power breaker box installed. any don't know if theres a coralation. i checked for primery power 120v and secandary power 24v, checked all hi limits enducer fan pressure swith,blower all checked fine, but the glow ignitor was not reciving any power, by the way what voltage should i be getting ? thinking 120volt? ......... but still no voltage at all to igntator read the blinking chart blinking does not idicate anything it reads, infact the only thing that is close " revese pollaritty, how do i do that ? swith wires on the primery side of the transformer?...... my guess i have a bad board. please advice. thank you.
    1 phase no issues with pollarity

thanks working on a friends furnace,coleman, recently he had a new outside power breaker box installed. any don't know if theres a coralation. i checked for primery power 120v and secandary power 24v, checked all hi limits enducer fan pressure swith,blower all checked fine, but the glow ignitor was not reciving any power, by the way what voltage should i be getting ? thinking 120volt? ......... but still no voltage at all to igntator read the blinking chart blinking does not idicate anything it reads, infact the only thing that is close " revese pollaritty, how do i do that ? swith wires on the primery side of the transformer?...... my guess i have a bad board. please advice. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kenshvac View Post
    1 phase no issues with pollarity
    Thats not true.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Thats not true.
    newbeetech.

Did the problem start right after the electrical upgrade.
    If so, call the electricians back, they changed some thing.

There are other things to check that would tell you, but as skip said, we not allowed to go into detail in this forum.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

beenthere. i do refrigeration and commercial kitchen for a living . i am a service tech look at my past THREADS in those colomes, i have installed residental units and usto work for SEARS HEATING AND COOLING before 9/11 recruted right out of trade school, one would THINK a pro like SKIPPY "BOY" would do a checked on past threads. before calling some a " HO" what kind of lingo is that for a pro. i was asking some advice before i bought the board ... aging everthing els checks find:limits.swithes. gas psi, power, transformer, board is getting power just not putting out 120v to the ignitor, well thanks anyway i will fiegur it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshvac View Post
    1 phase no issues with polarity

Wrong my Dear Watson yes there can be "especially" on a furnace.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Newbeetech.........

You may be a pro, but as someone else said, for highly technical discussions you must be a Pro Member and they must be held in the Pro Forums.

I suggest you apply for Professional Membership Status.

Please apply Here!

Thanks!

Gah, my first reply was moderated.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Gah, my first reply was moderated.
    Mark,

It was a very informational post, and most likely the correct answer also as I remember.

But it was too much info for this open forum............

Sorry bud, no hard feelings huh?

Bob

Talking

NEWBEE - HO = Home Owner

I'm sure this will open a flood of criticism for me but, I really get annoyed when I read posts from "techs" that are supposed to be educated and informed about this industry (even newbies) and they can't even spell properly. If I received a work invoice from someone that did a repair at my home that was full of incorrectly spelled words I would question his/ her abilities and qualifications to perform adequately. Perhaps I am just getting too old and frustrated and should keep my opinions to myself but in my older years it's the little things that are getting to me and I needed to vent a little. So, for all of those out there that have a problem with my comments...have at it. I have a very thick skin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast