Can't stop a TRANE??????

is the electric that high on this condenser it didnt trip the breaker or pop the fuses...and the motor is running off the compressor contactor being closed????
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

When the controls are at the top and the "condenser" motor is not under water yes no big deal but I bet the blower is not running.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

but the compressor terminals are not waterproof, you would think that would have tripped the circuit, pretty strange. But the water level is just below the contactor area.
    You can't fix stupid

Probably has a Federal/Pacific load center......

Quote Originally Posted by andserco View Post
    Probably has a Federal/Pacific load center......
    LOL
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Smile Wow!

Is that a " water- source heat pump? Numerous factors helping this unit stay afloat! I don't think they subject them to those conditions in the SEET Lab Perfect visualization while quoting " It's Hard To Stop A TRANE "

I posted that not to long ago myself. Payson from on here is the one that shot the video. He's got a lot of stuff in "wall of shame".....Although this one I think should be in the "wall of pride"

.Although this one I think should be in the "wall of pride"
    I second that emotion!

wow

anyone want to bet the coil inside is froozen.lol I hate trane this must not be a heatpump lol.

while were on the subject of youtube, go on there and type in janitrol, it will come up with one item only called "night of the living janitrol". Pretty creepy old furnace in a creepy basement. Watch the whole thing, gets even creepier when the sun goes down!

I wonder what the wb was leaving that coil? lol But I was wondering "IT'S HARD TO START A TRANE",I wonder how hard it would be to start that one? But on a serious note,I was going to the rental properties that we mantianed around East Carolina University which is right on the Tar river condeming all the units that got submergerd in the flood waters of Hurricane Floyd.It was a really bad time in my area and alot of people are just recovering from "The Flood Of The Century" was what they called it around here.

Water Source Trane

The Janitrol video was great also. I used to work at a facility that had a lot of mechanical rooms in the basement and a lot of rusty water mains. I got used to seeing 5 and 10 hp 208 volt centrifugal pumps running underwater. The 480 stuff tripped the breakers immediately. I also had a commercial kitchen with numerous motor starters mounted near the floor under the conveyors that had the covers missing. Seems they had a big cockroach problem and the nests were in the starters. The manager removed all the covers and had the night cleaning crew powerwash them out every night before they went home. They didn't have access to the electrical room so they just did it live. I couldn't believe they thought it was o.k. I plugged the conduits with putty, because the roaches were using them to commute, put the covers on, and told the manager to get a better exterminator.

I didn't see this one myself but a past co worker did. Mill building by a river was flooding. Someone was going to the basement to check things out and hit the button to the elevator. Second thought was that may be a bad idea but the button had already been pressed. He got off and the elevator went down and back up to the lobby and opened with a wall of water. The elevator machine room along with the 2500A 480V main electrical service were completely under water! Everything kept on working until the utility cut power to the building. Nobody can understand how it could have and probably never will.