Post Any thermopride installers in East,mA

First any thermopride installers in MA -01752 around to take care of a an replacement install to thermpride oh6 furnance and do a direct vent option .
    I am just picking up the word direct vent from the brochure.

* Any one can clarify difference between direct vent and power vent ? Looks like all uses those terms interchangeably.!

Quote Originally Posted by kchaudhu View Post
    First any thermopride installers in MA -01752 around to take care of a an replacement install to thermpride oh6 furnance and do a direct vent option .
    I am just picking up the word direct vent from the brochure.

* Any one can clarify difference between direct vent and power vent ? Looks like all uses those terms interchangeably.!
    Those are NOT interchangable terms. A power vent is an electric 'fan' that's installed as a chimney substitute. It cycles on with the equipment it's venting and after a post purge, off with it but it is a separate piece of equipment that creates a negative draft for what is normally a chimney vented appliance. For all intents and purposes, the heating appliance and power vent are two individual appliances tied together electrically and by the vent connector pipe.

A direct vent appliance is one that uses its own inducer/burner motor and fan to 'push' the exhaust through a vent pipe. Different manufacturers have different requirements for their direct vented units. Gas units prevail in the direct vent market but there are several oil units now that also do direct venting. Some oil units can be modified from chimney to direct vent through the installation of a vent kit while others are dedicated direct vent units and cannot be used in a chimney vent application.

We are a Thermopride dealer but do not service your area. We're on the South Shore, servicing from Quincy Center south along the coast.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Question thermopride direct vent kit

Thanks for clarification . Additionally would you happen to know that the kit thermopride supplies as an additional direct vent kit mates perfectly with oh6 series and not prone to classic failures that that a power vent faced a couple of years down the line.

Also i am little troubled about back drafts using a direct vent kit.

Chimney would have been the best option for me but it would need a new liner.