Confused Humidifier Leak - Newb

I have an Aprilaire 760 that has never caused a bit of problem, but all of sudden starts leaking water. Ok, so I need to change the water panel. Done, checked for the correct alignment, direction (blue mark on top), cleared drainage tube, correct water distribution to the panel and everything is ok...Unit comes on and leaks like Niagara...any help here?

could be crack in water line, loose compression fitting on the solenoid, or panel framework cracked.
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by msmith777 View Post
    I have an Aprilaire 760 that has never caused a bit of problem, but all of sudden starts leaking water. Ok, so I need to change the water panel. Done, checked for the correct alignment, direction (blue mark on top), cleared drainage tube, correct water distribution to the panel and everything is ok...Unit comes on and leaks like Niagara...any help here?
    Check the piece of plastic tubing ( polybutelene ??) inside the unit that goes from the valve to the top. Happened to mine 2 years ago, became very brittle and leaked.

from where is it leaking from? if you can find the exact place then you should know what could be wrong

Can't see leak...

The problem is the leak only happens when the unit is on...and the unit can't turn on unless the front is completely sealed shut thus making viewing where the leak is coming from next to impossible...any ideas?

well you definetly dont want leaking water reaching anywhere in your furnace room so I would say just shut it off and call in someone to fix it or replace the unit. seems too risky to me IMO