Confused can someone help me choose a uv system

i bought a house that had mold issue's that we resolved . the house has a stale odor . i am looking into the guardian air phi-212-16 and the sauvox r4000gx . anyone have any suggestions ?
    thanx, moore823

Sanuvox all the way !!!!
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    Sanuvox all the way !!!!

i agree
    also a high quality fitering system to go along with it and let the blower run as much as posible so the two can do the job properly

if the problem has been resolved the open the house up and let it air out for a while may help also

Sounds like you need ventilation not a UV light.

regarding ventilation

the house when i bought it had been closed up and empty for over a year . still need tear out old carpet as well . been thinking about adding a fresh air intake . any thoughts ?

An ERV should probably do well. - My advice from a nonprofessional standpoint.

Ventilation is key as well. Sorry if I posted a band aid cure
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by moore823 View Post
    i bought a house that had mold issue's that we resolved . the house has a stale odor . i am looking into the guardian air phi-212-16 and the sauvox r4000gx . anyone have any suggestions ?
    thanx, moore823
    What was the mold issue and how did you resolve it? If you really resolved the mold issue, there sold be no stale odor. Mold issues are resolved by eliminating all damp, high humidity areas. Also, removing moldy items is critical. Strang doses kill mold but unhealthy for people. UV is a bandaid and not recommended in most cases with humane occupancy. CA has made UV illegal for homes. EPA, Am Medical, and AM Lung ass recommend against it. Keep the indoor %RH below 50%RH is most critical to eliminate mold and dust mites. Water leaks of any kind make wet spots that will cause problems. If windows sweat during cold weather increase fresh dry ventilation. Adequate fresh air to purge indoor polutants and renew oxygen are important. Enough air filtering to keep the equipment clean like a merv +11. A vacuum cleaner with outside exhaust or HEPA filter may help. After doing these, do anything you like.

Fixing water leaks and getting a high capacity dehumidier are basic in green grass climates to maintain <50%RH. Most homes have enough fresh air infiltration during cold weather to provide fresh air and keep windows from sweating. During summer a/c, most people would benefit from supplement fresh air ventilation and dehumidification. Honeywell, Santa Fe, Ultra-Aire, and others are a type of ventialating dehumidifier that gaining recognition to provide the IAQ. I have fixed many homes with sick people. Regards Dehu TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Confused does anyone have the facts on uv systems?

does anyone have the facts about uv ? one guy says there great and the next guy says they will kill you.is this a case of old school guys against new technology and younger guys beleiving ?i'm leaning towards believing they work. heeeeeeeellllllllllpppppppp!
    frustrated,
    moore823

ASHRAE is in the process of developing standards for commercial bldgs --
    perhaps, residential will benefit some from this.

BTW, don't suck in 'winter' outdoor air here --
    now, we are at 45F dry, 43F wet-bulb = 90+RH! = normal year around, till ~ 10a, thru 9p.
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

Not sure of all the brands but from personal experience the Second Wind uv light system has worked wonders for allergies and odors in both of my homes.

BTW, don't suck in 'winter' outdoor air here --
    now, we are at 45F dry, 43F wet-bulb = 90+RH! = normal year around, till ~ 10a, thru 9p.[/QUOTE]

With that condition, you only have approx. 42 grains, which is dry. Mold ain't gonna grow on that. In fact if you have too much fresh air, you may need a humidifier.

UV lights claims to kill mold. But filters is more important. Because if you starve the mold, it will die too. So keep the dirt from the coil and drain pan. You may not need UV light (if you want to get UV light, then much better).