Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rack flooding

A tripped oil safety switch doesn't necessarily indicate a flood back problem. A single phase condition, caused by either a power failure, or burned contacts on the compressor contactors could also cause your oss to trip. I suspect this was a gradual condition, ocuring over several days. if the system is computer driven, you may be able to access the history logs to help you determine what happened.

remember, no good deed goes unpunished

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyj View Post
    A tripped oil safety switch doesn't necessarily indicate a flood back problem. A single phase condition, caused by either a power failure, or burned contacts on the compressor contactors could also cause your oss to trip. I suspect this was a gradual condition, ocuring over several days. if the system is computer driven, you may be able to access the history logs to help you determine what happened.

remember, no good deed goes unpunished

Good point.

I took it as a given the oil trips were in fact due to liquid floodback.

Can't assume anything really, can we?

check the superheat on all txv checked all cases for no floodback due to clogged drain bad defrost heaters etc
    next check to make sure the superheat is set correctly on compressors copeland recommend 13 degrees at compressor

Quote Originally Posted by daygotech View Post
    check the superheat on all txv checked all cases for no floodback due to clogged drain bad defrost heaters etc
    next check to make sure the superheat is set correctly on compressors copeland recommend 13 degrees at compressor
    Has it changed???

I thought it was always no less than +20F and no more than +40F at the compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by daygotech View Post
    thats way low for a rack system at the suction service valve brother

need to pull out the AE book and get the proper superheat at the compressor but the starting point is the evap and then the compressor and if its line then all is good if not piping is a problem
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

18 days ago guys. Old news.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123