+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artic Mechanical, inc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by auntb11 View Post
    Artic Mechanical just signed over 250 Rite Aid Drug Stores this week. Along with our Albertsons Supermarkets, we are expanding our refrigeration sales. Don Perez (Source) was recently hired as our new Refrigeration.HVAC Service Manager. Don has over 23 years as a field mechanic as is a great addition to our team. Please visit our web site at www.articmechanical.com for hiring info or call 888-340-4822.
    The Rite Aids are fun..the paperwork and proceedures are great..
    I love my job...I love my job.

Don is a good guy I wish him all the luck

I won't miss the roofs Good luck Artic

Post Likes
    WOW!!! Where do i begin?? First off there is an Arctic Mechanical in Corona. They have been in business for years, however our original owner always wanted his business to be called Artic Mechanical. Problem is, he was a bad speller and really thought he spelled it right on the contractor application. Second, dispatchers are EXTREMELY hard to find. Most experienced dispatchers are pretty well set in stone and ont like to move. Our current dispatcher came from AMS and does a fairly decent job. Our old dispatcher came to us from a towing company. Third, the union has been and always will be a great place to work, Nobody can beat the union training. The trade and the current labor laws in our state are in place because of the unions, with that said. If you are an overachiever, the union can be a bad place as seniority still plays a part. I was in the union (NOT HVAC) and it drove me crazy. I was held back and i realized it wasnt for me. Luckily for everyone, there is enough work for everyone. Look us up, give us a try and see what you think.

Post Likes
    Is Artic perfect, no!! First off, we spelled the name wrong, what a Dumb A__S I am!

Funny.

Post Likes
    Did you guys get or do work in San Diego?

Post Likes
    Yes we do. I have a good number of Albertsons, Abercrombie and Fitch, Big Lots and other national account work. Source has he Rite Aid stores for this area.

Post Likes
    Refer Guy - You are correct, I made some mistakes in the dispatcher(s) that I hired. All in all it is a fair shop. Like finding a qualified tech, it is even harder to find a qualified dispatcher. I have finally resorted to using a head hunter to find a qualified dispatcher. Most dispatchers do not hang out in supply houses or read on line forums. We offer as many hours as the tech can generate or the customers provide. 5 paid holidays, 1 week vacation after the first year, 2 weeks after the third year and 3 weeks after the sixth year, nine different insuarnce plans and I pay you $40.00 for being on call on top of any OT you get. Is Artic perfect, no!! First off, we spelled the name wrong, what a Dumb A__S I am! But a company that is ran by techs who know what it is like to work in 120 degree heat and who will meet you on site to help out when you are in trouble. Can't be all bad.
    What about the size of the shop? How many mechanics do you have? Is most of your work in the IE or do you try and route mechanics near where they live? Understandably, driving is involved but I've had a lot of 100+ miles a day at a previous company and am trying to avoid that.

Post Likes
    Refer guy .why did you ask about artic if you already worked there lol ? sounds like a decent shop as long as they pay and you get time off . I do think its crazy how much power most companies give dispatchers ....esp ones that are shapely ...one place i worked they guys wouldnt leave the shop cause of the view lol

Post Likes
    Sorry, I left out some other good things about Artic. I offer a tool purchase program, no matter the cost, paid training, free Cintas cotton uniforms. leased and purchased vans with 90% having less than 90,00o miles. Most roll out to the leasing company at the 110,000 mile mark. Open book financials with an operations manager who tells you the true profit and loss of the comapny. If you rememeber, refer guy, I even told you how much an hour I make so that there were no secrets. The first Monday of the month is a 100% paid breakfast meeting that all you can eat. Jiffy Lube, Americas Tire, Wrights fuel cards, and certified Goodyear accounts so that you never have to pay out of pocket for any emergency. Upfront Per Diem pay for out of town visits.
    I assume you're non-Union. Anyways, you already ran circles around Source w/what you offer. I assumed Source had more to offer. Well, recently they hired a Carrier guy as their new Officer. One bad thing, Carrier's a sinking ship. Another bad thing, the guy wasn't even from BS&S.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in