Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    is 12.60 a pretty good EER rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenater View Post
    is 12.60 a pretty good EER rating?
    Yes, I would consider that very good. What combination is giving that? If you look at a good number of combinations, you'll find them to be lower than 12 actually.

I live in Virgina along a river. I have an 19I Infinity with 2 stage compressor and var air handler. Mine is a 3 ton serving 1600 sq ft. It handled the humdity fine with the default setting of 45%. This is adjustable with the Infinity.

So the lower the EER the better? I thought the higher the better. It's a carrier infinity 16 model 25hna636a30, fan coil is FE4ANB006+Ul. not sure what the UL stands for, only 3 of their fan coils have this on the end of the model number. the seer is 16.50 eer is 12.60, hspf is 9.0
    Last edited by Kevenater; 11-21-2007 at 08:57 AM. Reason: incomplete reply

No the higher the EER the better. That is pretty good there.

Im not sure off hand What UL (in this case) stands for, but the + sign means you have to use that air handler and add a "UL". The product data will tell you what this means or one of the Carrier guys can tell you. You should know that if you dont add it, the efficiency ratings will likely go down. How much requires further investigation. Adding some devices to get effeiciency can sacrafice comfort. Not knowing what a UL is, I wouldnt make that a blanket statement.
    Last edited by docholiday; 11-21-2007 at 11:45 AM.

update... Here is the Product Data.... FYI. I dont see it requiring a UL in there.
    http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr...e=PdfHighlight

Quote Originally Posted by OlManRivah View Post
    I live in Virgina along a river. I have an 19I Infinity with 2 stage compressor and var air handler. Mine is a 3 ton serving 1600 sq ft. It handled the humdity fine with the default setting of 45%. This is adjustable with the Infinity.
    Just curious, how much fresh air ventilation do you bring into your home and how do you do it? Also how many occupants? Crawlspace or basement? ASHRAE recommends 50-75 cfm of fresh air ventilation to purge indoor pollutants and renew oxygen. I would expect 70-80 lbs. per day of moisture load. Eliminating the fresh air ventilation/infiltration makes humidity control easier.

With low occupancy, air tight construction, long wet, cool stretches, and no fresh air ventilation, maintaining low humidity is possible with the more complex a/cs. With supplemental dehumidification, it's possible to have fresh air ventilation during wet cool weather without making your home damp. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

i talked to my installer and he didnt know the exact model fan coil he priced me, he's gettin back to me on it, but the model i listed above, is $2,700 higher !!!!!!!!! for the exact same thing, only a diff model(5ton) fan coil!!!!!!!!! I guess the one I'm gettin is a 3 ton....like my hp will be. my info came from the ARI Directory page somebody told me to go to up above.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Just curious, how much fresh air ventilation do you bring into your home and how do you do it? Also how many occupants? Crawlspace or basement? ASHRAE recommends 50-75 cfm of fresh air ventilation to purge indoor pollutants and renew oxygen. I would expect 70-80 lbs. per day of moisture load. Eliminating the fresh air ventilation/infiltration makes humidity control easier.
    Not a real tight home with no additional ventilation. Mostly just the 2 of us. It's a rancher with crawlspace. During the heating season it get's a little dry since we don't run a humidifier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12