Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    I still think that we should have a forum where we could discuss pricing issues.
    Wall Street does the price thing, auctions do it as well. Why not have a consumer forum where they could discuss pricing? I live in an area where supply of (good) services is scarce, but the area is quite poor, so it seems like the local grocery and everyone else is overcharging us a lot.

This may seem out of topic, but actually it's on topic a bit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reporters_Without_Borders
    Wow!

Freedom of the Press????

I didn't make the rules, but agree with them and abide by them. I guess if you want to discuss pricing you can start your own website. The "freedom" available here is defined by those that control the site. When more people understand that the freedom that our country was founded upon is not based on everyone being free to get what they want when and how they want it, things will turn and get better.

That list is funny. Estonia, a former Soviet republic tops the list as #3 freedom-of-press country. Which is a true fact. Same Estonia is listed as the #7 most competitive economy in the world in another list, but USA is #1 in the competitiveness list, which is great, as it should be. Slovakia, a former communist country is #4 free press country, so are a bunch of other East European tiger countries. USA is #48 and #111 in the free press list and has some space for improvement. I also abide the rules of the owner of the house. We are in a privately owned "house" now, so we follow the owner's rules, of course. Sometimes I think people are mirror of the country. USA for example claims to be a FREE COUNTRY and accentuates that all the time, but look at another 50+ countries that are as free or more free than the U.S. and they are not shouting that they are free. Or perhaps free as in cost less?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dcmcm5 View Post
    Wow! Freedom of the Press????

I didn't make the rules, but agree with them and abide by them. I guess if you want to discuss pricing you can start your own website.
    Enigma,

What is the name of Your new website?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by kenshvac View Post
    thats funny I am licensed in nc with over 20 years exp and i just installed same unit what r u?exactly 24 volt wiring
    What am I? If its any of your business im a licensed contractor.
    If you would take time to read all the posts you wouldve known the problem was found.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshvac View Post
    Let me guess they tied orange wire from t-stat and h/p to air handler. uh-oh
    Doubtful. More likely they hooked up B on stat instead of O or vice versa.

When I asked them if I switched to A/C would it be heating my house instead of cooling, he said no. Perhaps that helps to understand the case.

I'm not going to put prices up against the house rules, but I saw that my equipment costs a third of the amount of the installation.

questions

QUESTION: There is a professional members only forum here, why not create a forum for consumers only and allow discussing pricing on that particular forum alone?

QUESTION: is it okay to "cheat" a HP thermostat by closing doors to part of the house leaving just a couple rooms ands a corridor where the thermostat is located open? That way the thermostat may think that the HP heats only the two rooms (instead of 6 rooms) and the corridor where the thermostat is located and it keeps 68F in there and 60F in the rest of the house (approximately). I did that and the closed off rooms are about 60F and the "thermostat area" (2 rooms, a bathroom and a corridor) is kept at 68F. Is it a good/safe thing to do or not? Does that safe any money?

because this forum is not owned or operated by the general public. If you want to pay for all that, then feel free. This site was started by professionals with rules in mind that have been adhered to for the most part. That said, I'll go back and read more of this post to see where it went off base.

QUESTION: is it okay to "cheat" a HP thermostat by closing doors to part of the house leaving just a couple rooms ands a corridor where the thermostat is located open? That way the thermostat may think that the HP heats only the two rooms (instead of 6 rooms) and the corridor where the thermostat is located and it keeps 68F in there and 60F in the rest of the house (approximately). I did that and the closed off rooms are about 60F and the "thermostat area" (2 rooms, a bathroom and a corridor) is kept at 68F. Is it a good/safe thing to do or not? Does that safe any money?
    That could cause a static pressure issue, but many people do it with out any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    because this forum is not owned or operated by the general public. If you want to pay for all that, then feel free. This site was started by professionals with rules in mind that have been adhered to for the most part. That said, I'll go back and read more of this post to see where it went off base.
    Since this forum was started by professionals then I won't get back to the pricing issue as it's not in the interest of professionals and it is perfectly understandable. Thanks.

dn0121: Thanks. What usually is a result of a serious static pressure issue if any happens?

Could cause the fan to break. I have done this though and never had any issues. I don't do it anymore since I had my zoning installed.

Since this forum was started by professionals then I won't get back to the pricing issue as it's not in the interest of professionals and it is perfectly understandable. Thanks.
    Glad to see you finally figured that out!
    Screaming at me like a jack*** doesn't work because the air works in my truck and at home!

I was looking for a job when I came here and I'll be looking for one when I leave!

Yeah boss, the Model# starts with j and ends with k!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast