+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever dreamed of living in Coastal Maine?

Post Likes

Ever dreamed of living in Coastal Maine?

Lobster boats, ocean views, mild summers......

We are looking for a few well trained, experienced HVAC technicians. These are mid level career type jobs. Must be able to work completely independently. Primarily service oriented with installation support duties.

If you are interested. Let me know and I can layout the details.

Post Likes
    I have dreamed of that. Just not the working part.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    That is the dream isn't it. Keep hoping that I live long enough to retire.

Post Likes
    yeah, someday im going to close up everything and become a hobo
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    I thought about being a beach bum

Post Likes
    that would be nightmare! LOL
    eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cg2 View Post
    that would be nightmare! LOL
    Haha. Why? It isn't that bad.

Post Likes
    No.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    I gotta go south not north, Im just beginning to get feeling back in my fingers.
    eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

Post Likes
    Maine is open for business.

Post Likes
    Ever dreamed of living in Coastal Maine?
    Nope.
    "We always fix it right the second time".

All posts are strictly my opinions and not those of my employer. I cannot make statements on behalf of my employer.

All advice posted by me is for educational purposes only, HVAC repairs should only be conducted by trained & qualified people.

Post Likes
    Dougfamous ur a *****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Maine is open for business.
    Yes, sir. And right now, business is good. Very good. The recession never really hit as hard as it did in other places. But when you consider that the boom never really hit here either, it makes sense. We have found that year over year, we are pretty even, going back 10 years or so. With the exception of 2009. That year sucked bad.
    Last edited by meplumber; 04-18-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert25 View Post
    Dougfamous ur a *****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So I've been told, many many times. I even added a smilie to show I was kidding!
    "We always fix it right the second time".

All posts are strictly my opinions and not those of my employer. I cannot make statements on behalf of my employer.

All advice posted by me is for educational purposes only, HVAC repairs should only be conducted by trained & qualified people.

Post Likes
    How are the gun laws in Maine? carry permits easy to get etc..? I would love to relocate but got to be a gun friendly state not the nazi state of NJ i live in now

Post Likes
    They are the most relaxed of the New England states. This isn't Texas or Arizona, but we are a state full of hunters. There are more pine trees than people up here. You only need a permit if you carry concealed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhvac86 View Post
    How are the gun laws in Maine? carry permits easy to get etc..? I would love to relocate but got to be a gun friendly state not the nazi state of NJ i live in now
    Try NY with Herr Cuomo
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    how many lead techs do you run now,and if a guy comes up does he jump in truck and go off on his own?does your shop know you shopping for bodies?what is the biggest tonnage total contract you have and as single unit air cooled or water cooled its single tonnage unit.... all this adds up to $$$$$.saw the America Reframed on PBS down here on the sardine plant that bumble bee moved out. the town council didn't want there apple cart rocked with(who lobsters were being touched) so left the guy hanging to go out of business....
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    how many lead techs do you run now,and if a guy comes up does he jump in truck and go off on his own?does your shop know you shopping for bodies?what is the biggest tonnage total contract you have and as single unit air cooled or water cooled its single tonnage unit.... all this adds up to $$$$$.saw the America Reframed on PBS down here on the sardine plant that bumble bee moved out. the town council didn't want there apple cart rocked with(who lobsters were being touched) so left the guy hanging to go out of business....
    We have two distinct shops that share bodies. There are 94 total employees in the company. One shop is strictly heavy commercial, industrial, institutional. The other shop is commercial, institutional, and extreme, high-end residential. There are openings at both shops due to solid, sustained growth and the aging of our techs.

Yes the guys know that we are shopping. We are looking to add techs, not displace any existing techs. There are 6 Master level service techs, and 14 journey level techs. Then there are 50+/- on the install side. The install crew and the startup responsibilities of the service department are about to grow, since we were awarded a hospital project with 200,000 man hours on it.

As far as tonnage goes, I think the largest chiller that we service is 500 tons. As you might suspect, cooling is second to heating up here. The largest boiler plant that we service has (2) 300 hp boilers in it. That facility has 6 different boiler plants on campus.

The majority of our service contracts are universities, research facilities, banks, and vacation home compounds (some of the most famous names in American History.) Those places are just commercial buildings that someone lives in for a few weeks a year (DDC controls, small chillers, several million BTU boiler plants, etc...)

Yeah, the whole mess with Stinson Seafood was a disaster. But so was the guy that tried to bring in the Lobster facility. What the PBS special didn't show was that the guy declared bankruptcy and walked away owing the local banks a lot of money and the employee's last paychecks bounced.

That facility is back in operation by the way, under a new owner, as a lobster processing facility.

Did I answer all of your questions?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    LOL! I almost sprayed beer on my computer!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in