Filters For Condensers ??????

I dont think this is a good idea but im looking for some feed back. There is a company that makes a filter for your outdoor condenser. It says that it wont restrict air flow. I think it will cause high amp draw on the condenser fan motor and you will still have to acid wash the coil. Do you think that this is something you could sell to a customer since i have never seen one on a unit? Do you think there reasoning for the filters is benifical or not .
    Last edited by Senior Tech; 11-14-2007 at 11:15 PM.

Imagine how fast it would get dirty and plug up, imagine how many people would forget to clean them. We all know everyone keeps the one in the house clean right? I think it's kind of a bad idea. The manufacturer says it's not restrictive, maybe not for the first two days anyway!

wash it out periodically and all is good, who needs a filter?
    You can't fix stupid

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stun00zeed View Post
    I dont think this is a good idea but im looking for some feed back. There is a company that makes a filter for your outdoor condenser. It says that it wont restrict air flow. I think it will cause high amp draw on the condenser fan motor and you will still have to acid wash the coil. Do you think that this is something you could sell to a customer since i have never seen one on a unit? Do you think there reasoning for the filters is benifical or not .
    In certain applications it is a great idea, and if set up and maintained propperly could save a lot of money. In most home situations it would not be practical.

Thumbs down Coastal filters

There are filters available for condensers there called coastal filters for areas with a high salt content in the air. They are expensive, there a pain to put in, an on average they last two months. If your not in a corrosive area why would you bother, they get extremly dirty real quick which would plug the coil that defeats the purpose of having them on there in the first place.
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

i see them on refer units and pull them off .... this is the worst idea i have heard of, in the out door area with dirt collection at a premium (WOW~) good luck with the new poly system's with 410A
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!