Leak in Geotherm WaterFurnace

Hello All,
    I am looking for assistance in tracking down a small leak in a GeoTherm WaterFurnace that is being a true pain. Understand the principal but do not have a lot of experience with this Brand. I put in a Fluorescent Dye in and other that the mess I made see no trace of a leak. The only thing I am concerned about is if it is in the Tube in Tube bundle!! Does anyone have any knowledge in this area. This is a pump and dump system where it comes from the well and dumps in back yard. (sandy Soil) Before I order a new bundle, would like to feel the water out there. Excuse the pun.
    The Model is WXV049A2105, Serial is DK4152

Thanks in advance, The Good doctor.

If your losing a considerable amount of refrigerant and can't find the leak anywhere than most likely the leak is in the exchanger. You need to let the unit run and try to get a sample of water out of the exchanger. The water will be oily with strong ref odor.
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Braveheart51 I work on Waterfurnace units on a daily basis but am not familiar with that model number. How old is this unit. I will assume that it is for comfort heating and cooling and not hot water production. With that being said I will tell you I have had this same problem numerous times in the past couple of years and the culprit always ends up being the air coil. I always use d-tek sniffer and have resorted to soap bubbles and dye on occasion. How much refrigerant is being los at what intervals? Have probably replaced between 12-18 in the last two years due to leaky coils. And these were not "old" units with all but one being under five years old and the newest unit having been in use for less thanfour months. Check that coil good and bet you will find the leak there. Just my opinion. Hope this helps.

I have a few leaking in the coax. Just take your sniffer to your dump site, you will get a hit if it is leaking.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Quote Originally Posted by okieair View Post
    How old is this unit.
    By the serial number it was manufactured in 1988.

Most leaks in these WX units I've found in air coil too.
    Usually run head pressure to 400 psi, D-Tek finds it pretty easy.