Choosing the right Humidifier and a ? about EZ Flex Filter

Hi, I have a question about humidifier sizing. The house we have is a 1950 brick house. It has no wall insulation but it does have new windows and doors installed. It's 1400 square feet with the main floor with a bedroom upstairs. Right now, there is an old, dead Aprilaire 110 humidifier on the plenum on the furnace in the basement. Everyone tells me to forget replacing it with a fan powered model as the Aprilaire 700A would be too large for this home. I'm looking into the Aprilaire 500A and 600A bypass models as I'm told they can be mounted on the plenum or return and be equally effective either way. Which humidifier would be the proper size for this home, the small bypass or the large bypass model? I'm looking to have no less than 35% humidity in the winter with it never going above 45% or so.

My last question pertains to cross-referencing a filter. A family member has a Carrier EZ Flex filter cabinet and uses the EZ Flex EXPXXFIL 0020 filter. It's roughly 20x25 in size. I'm wondering if the Honeywell POPUP2025 or even the F100-1037 would be direct replacements for this filter?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

In case anyone was wondering, I'm not a DIYer. I won't be doing this work myself. I've had three contractors out and can't get a consensus on which humidifier to use. I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Hmm

http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell...%208.13.07.pdf

Jake, check out the link above. It takes you to the front page of Honeywells site listing several products. If you look to the left side, and select "product literature", you will be presented with several more choices. Check out the "homeowner product lit" .pdf file. It will give a decription of several TYPES of humidifier, and their real-world humidity delivery rates.

I'm still awaiting the TrueSTEAM shipping date; it was supposed to be the first week of November.

Holiday Present - TrueSTEAM

lackster

I understand that the first TrueSTEAM units will not arrive to distributors earlier than last weeks of December, and into January.

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have any suggestions to the models that I asked about? I prefer to go with the Aprilaire units.

Quote Originally Posted by jake73 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have any suggestions to the models that I asked about? I prefer to go with the Aprilaire units.
    The TrueSTEAM is worth waiting for - better performance, ie humidity output which is what you want. They also came out with a new line of control packs for their standard evaporative line - the humidifier is same as Aprilaire, the difference is in the controls - choice of convention, new TrueIAQ which controls more than just the HUM and is much less than Aprilaire digital control, or it can come packaged with the VisonPRO IAQ

http://www.hotfreshcool.com/Product/...%20Matrix2.pdf

Available Dec 14, 2007

Last edited by jrbenny; 12-14-2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: removed link to your sales site