How exactly does this unit work?

I have been working as maintenance tech in my building for almost 3 years maybe 4. It's always warm in the summer and humid on rainy days. During the winter it feels fine inside. Maybe a bit dry but fine. All I know right now is the unit on the roof is a trane pcc #14. There are VAV boxes in the core part of the building. Does that mean the unit on the roof is a air "conditioning" unit and then the VAVs reheat to get the desired temp? It's hooked into a tracer summit system. I'm not working on this myself but I need to know everything possible about it to make sure that we keep the occupants comfortable.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not sure what you have. How big is the place? The pcc #14 isn't a Trane model #. In a really big joint, it may be an air handler with a chilled water coil. In a smaller place, may be a rooftop packaged air conditioner. Either unit would feed cool air to the VAV boxes. Some boxes have reheat, usually for those areas with outside exposure. Some especially inside will not. If it doesn't cool real well and gets humid on rainy days, they could be letting too much outdoor air in. Or possibly if chilled water, the water temp or flow is wrong.

Ok so the tech just came out and we talked about the humidity sensor and they are going to finally replace

sounds like a make up air unit for the rooms with reheats on those VAVs to reheat to setpoint.bringing in 100% outside air 24/7.wonder how they heat the air in the winter,those VAVs won't do it.... picture and full model number if possible
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

It brings in max 50 or 65% air. It also has a return relief damper but ive never seen it open.The unit says that the enthalpy is 37 lmao. They should be installing a humidity sensor next week. And until then they've turned the outside air damper to 15%. Yesterday the humidity in here was about 65%