Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by oldertech View Post
    Have your tech check with carrier. There is at least one bulletin relating to the code 71 72 issue.

I had many problems when we started using TXVs (Carrier) a few years ago. Most of the problems ceased when we got the installers to put the liquid filter drier at the coil instead of at the condenser.
    I am the tech, lol. I have an account on hvacpartners and can find no such bulletin. Carrier does not seem to know of one either. Feel like im getting run around in circles. I suspect it's faulty compressor can connections inside. Resistances on start and run windings are all good, capacitors are all good. Im stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by jibroni69 View Post
    I am the tech, lol. I have an account on hvacpartners and can find no such bulletin. Carrier does not seem to know of one either. Feel like im getting run around in circles. I suspect it's faulty compressor can connections inside. Resistances on start and run windings are all good, capacitors are all good. Im stumped.
    There isn't a bulletin on the 71 & 72 codes only a memo. If the board you have is an 003 or 008 replace it with a 010 board and it will correct the issue, unless you are actually having a problem.

ALL manufactures that are using Sporlan txv's are having problems. They have recently reduced the size of the charging cap tube on the bulb because the crimping of the tube after it was charged wasn't sufficient and it could slowly leak, thus creating operating troubles. Relocating the bulb to the exterior of the cabinet has also proved beneficial.

Sporlan and alco

We have trouble with sporlan about 90% of valves ,and also Alco valves. Here in florida it has become a plague, all carrier did was sent out a memo telling us the procedure to install a ahu, and a troubleshooting guide for txv.
    We have tried everything from replacing refrigerant to relocating bulb. The unit will run no more than a 80-90 psig in the suction, with a 330-370 psig head. However, you replace the valve everything goes back to normal 140/320 with a ambient temp of 85F. I belive that the TXV are not rated for such high pressures.

keep it coming guys I appreciate the feed back!
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by woody19 View Post
    There isn't a bulletin on the 71 & 72 codes only a memo. If the board you have is an 003 or 008 replace it with a 010 board and it will correct the issue, unless you are actually having a problem.

ALL manufactures that are using Sporlan txv's are having problems. They have recently reduced the size of the charging cap tube on the bulb because the crimping of the tube after it was charged wasn't sufficient and it could slowly leak, thus creating operating troubles. Relocating the bulb to the exterior of the cabinet has also proved beneficial.

Ya I saw that before about date code 2406 - 5106, but these are newer units with the new board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12