Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused Carrier Txv Faliures ????????

Many a/c contractors in the area are having a very difficult time with expansion valves going bad. It may be unexperianced installers not removing the bulbs, however its becoming a great problem just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same troubles with carrier, bryant, payne r-410a txv's going bad.
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

they should be pre installed on these types of equipment .installers should check to make sure bulbs hve not shifted during shipping but as far as problems with them i have not yet thanks for heads up though

Quote Originally Posted by AcDOCnTRAINIG View Post
    Many a/c contractors in the area are having a very difficult time with expansion valves going bad. It may be unexperianced installers not removing the bulbs, however its becoming a great problem just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same troubles with carrier, bryant, payne r-410a txv's going bad.
    when you say removing bulbs what do you mean?

Well carrier have them pre-installed from the factory the sensing bulb that is.
    We have to cut the cork tape off and cut that metal strap to get it of the suction tube on the coil. Its a pain so I know some guys out there don't bother. This may be the problem but I still wanted to know if its a problem anyone else is coming across.
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Well carrier have them pre-installed from the factory the sensing bulb that is.
    We have to cut the cork tape off and cut that metal strap to get it of the suction tube on the coil. Its a pain so I know some guys out there don't bother. This may be the problem but I still wanted to know if its a problem anyone else is coming across.
    the sensing bulb is supposed to be on the suction line @10:00 or 2:00 why are you taking it off.Unless you are replacing.maybe im not understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshvac View Post
    the sensing bulb is supposed to be on the suction line @10:00 or 2:00 why are you taking it off.Unless you are replacing.maybe im not understanding.
    He's talking about the conductive heat on the bulb during the brazing process on the suction
    line would be my guess but a good "cold" rag works for us.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

The txv on my Carrier FV4A Fancoil failed about three years after installation of this new system. I was to say the least, really disapointed. I didn't have the extended warranty. Yes, the part was covered, but I had to pay for labour to replace. I still haven't been able to determine if the txv failed pre-maturely as a fault of poor manufacturing or poor installation practices. On original installation I was here, but can't remember or didn't know at that time that the bulb should be removed when they were hooking up the lineset to the fancoil. When they replaced the txv when it failed 3 years later, I was at work, so again I don't know if they brazed with nitrogen or used wet rags, or removed the bulb when they brazed in the new one.

thorton

I have replaced about 5 of them this year alone and can't get a straight answer out of carrier myself. The bulb is about 8 inches or more away from the brazed connection and a wet rag doesn't even warm up. I have also had many issues with code 71 and 72 that are driving me crazy. both on ana's and hna's. Carrier rep even came out on site with me to check everything out and cant find anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    He's talking about the conductive heat on the bulb during the brazing process on the suction
    line would be my guess but a good "cold" rag works for us.
    ok i understand now cool blue always does the trick

Frown

i'm a service tec for a large company in tampa , we do lots of new construction, and i am burned out on txv's. sporlen claims this is assembly lube factory. you can take the txv apart an clean it an 90% of the time they work. but it takes just as long to replace it. so i word carry one of avery size on you're trucks. i've had 60% success with placing the sencing bold in hot tap water and smacking it with a malit while the unit is running.

Quote Originally Posted by jibroni69 View Post
    I have replaced about 5 of them this year alone and can't get a straight answer out of carrier myself. The bulb is about 8 inches or more away from the brazed connection and a wet rag doesn't even warm up. I have also had many issues with code 71 and 72 that are driving me crazy. both on ana's and hna's. Carrier rep even came out on site with me to check everything out and cant find anything wrong.

Have your tech check with carrier. There is at least one bulletin relating to the code 71 72 issue.

I had many problems when we started using TXVs (Carrier) a few years ago. Most of the problems ceased when we got the installers to put the liquid filter drier at the coil instead of at the condenser.
    Larger Duct, Larger Duct, More Air, More Air
    READ THE MANUAL
    What if I train them and they leave?
    What if you Don't train them and they Stay!
    DSG member

Thumbs up I love this site!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jibroni69 View Post
    (Yes, Iam not alone in the world) we have had six of those this year calling error codes 71, 72 and cutting out on high pressure. We have had carrier come out all they end up doing is replacing the condenser. All I get is it may be this it may be that but nothing technical.

Quote Originally Posted by LBDavis View Post
    i'm a service tec for a large company in tampa , we do lots of new construction, and i am burned out on txv's. sporlen claims this is assembly lube factory. you can take the txv apart an clean it an 90% of the time they work. but it takes just as long to replace it. so i word carry one of avery size on you're trucks. i've had 60% success with placing the sencing bold in hot tap water and smacking it with a malit while the unit is running.
    I feel your pain brother, we have tried everything and yes playing around with the valve works occationaly but then cxarrier does not pay for repairs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast