Thread: looking for an old arkla absorption chiller

Post Likes

looking for an old arkla absorption chiller

I wish to have an old absorption chiller like the Arkla type working on Lithium Bromide
    Any size available
    Please assist if possible
    Thanks

Joshua

Post Likes

Arkla

Try a museum!
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Post Likes
    What are you going to do with it? Used to work on them all the time years ago. In fact, I just threw out all my old manuals about 4 months ago.Still have some Serfax left though.

Post Likes

Need an absorption chiller

I am instructing a group of students.
    We need the absorption chiller, single stage, to demonstrate a concept of cogeneration with heat source.
    Please see if you can connect me with somebody who has such an old absorption heat pump, no matter the manufacturer either arkla, Yazaki or other.
    Sizes possible from 3 T.R. up to 15 T.R. but the absorbent need to be Lithium Bromide

Poodle Head Mikey is online now Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

koron -

Where are you and the students located ?
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes

Phm

Tel Aviv, Israel

Post Likes
    Look up ROBUR Corp. on line. They are world wide and expanding in the Middle East. The newer units are a lot more complex than the original units. A main circuit board has sensors connected to it and give error codes as well as entering and exiting water temp. We installed 40 tons worth approx 7 years ago on a commercial building and they're still running great.

Post Likes

airredlands

Thanks,

But Robur unit uses Ammonia as refrigerant with water, we need Water refrigerant with Lithium Bromide as absorbent

Joshua

Poodle Head Mikey is online now Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes

Koron

I am near New York City, New York, USA - so I guess the shipping from here would make it prohibitive. <g>
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes

Phm

Please take a look in your mail

Post Likes

Thumbs down Awwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by koron View Post
    Thanks,

But Robur unit uses Ammonia as refrigerant with water, we need Water refrigerant with Lithium Bromide as absorbent

Joshua
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Koron its bad enough we are talking about absortion machines I already need a drink(80 proof). Please don't talk about ammonia R-717 or else the night mares will start
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Post Likes

AcDOCnTRAINING

I am not talking about Ammonia, any R-717, but water R-718
    Is absorption in general that bad!!!
    Any way, if you really can give a hand and get for me such a device, to flush it I offer the finest drink you quote on the house.

I am seriously looking for an old Arkla or alike single stage working on water with the absorbent is Lithium Bromide.

Post Likes
    I cannot help with locating one of these, but let me relate something: I had exchanged a couple of emails with someone who was enthusiastic about combining solar energy with an AC using the LiBr process. He said that since the LiBr air conditioning could work effectively at a pretty low temperature (maybe 100-150C?), then it could employ BTUs from a common solar collector. And then natural gas could be fired to make up any deficit. Other adsorption processes use higher temperatures he said, and that would make it more expensive and complex to feed solar energy into it. I get the impression the guy was more of a tinkerer than an engineer, but his arguments sounded good.

Just thought I'd mention that as a curiosity. In your latitude it would be at least as easy as in Texas.

Best of luck -- Pstu

Post Likes

old arkla

Quote Originally Posted by woody19 View Post
    What are you going to do with it? Used to work on them all the time years ago. In fact, I just threw out all my old manuals about 4 months ago.Still have some Serfax left though.

Kindly see wht CAN YOU ASSIST ME

Yehoshua

Post Likes
    Kindly see in what sense can you assist me

Post Likes

Koron -

Koron,

The place that I was thinking of has trashed them all. I knew they were renovating and installing electric RTU's so I thought I could grab you one.

Sorry about that.

I'll keep looking and asking.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes

Phm

It is disappointing indeed

Any way thank you,

In case you hear about something please let me know

Yehoshua

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in