Hello everyone, just another newbe here with a problem which I am sure you get a lot of this time of year . I just had a new "V-8 series Burnham oil fired" system installed last year and everything is working great on my first zone. I had my attic refinished which is why I had the new burner put in in the first place. I've had this problem since it was installed and I never figured out when it happend until now. When the upstairs thermostat calls for heat then water gets pushed through the pipes but it is not being heated so the upstairs never gets warm and the system just pumps cold water through the pipes. On the other hand once the downstairs (thermostat) has to call for heat then the burner will fire up and the upstairs will warm up also. In other words my upstairs will not get heat unless the downstairs zone is also calling for heat. It will pump water but not get hot. The idiot that installed the system originally installed an older honeywell knob type thermostat that never worked from day 1 and because it was hot outside when he installed it he never tested it. Once I paid him he never came back even though I told him it hasn't worked right from day 1 (Lesson Learned). I threw that thermostat away and installed a digital one like I have in my first zone. It only has two wires (Red & White). Does anyone have any ideas on this problem? Everything is new so I am hoping that the thermostat is just installed incorrectly on the burner side since I know I hooked up the wires up correctly on the thermostat. Should there be more than two wires?

Sorry for the long winded post but I don't want to leave out any info that might be needed.

Thanks for any info!

George