Confused Gas Burner Cycling

I Have A Janitrol Hi-eff Mod# Gdp075-3 Installed New In 1990. The Burners Cycle Up And Down Rapidly While Starting The Heating Cycle. The Pilot Light Is Steady On The Flame Sensor Wire While This Is Occurring. It Happens Sporadically, But When It Does You Can Hear The Static From Contacts Opening And Closing In My Computer Speakers. Believe It Or Not, That Is How I Discovered The Problem.
    Any Ideas? Thanks For Your Help.

Is the gas valve loosing power? If so find out where the signal is cutting out. If this model has a smartvalve, then that is likely the issue. They have problems with the internal solder joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaintenanceman View Post
    I Have A Janitrol Hi-eff Mod# Gdp075-3 Installed New In 1990. The Burners Cycle Up And Down Rapidly While Starting The Heating Cycle. The Pilot Light Is Steady On The Flame Sensor Wire While This Is Occurring. It Happens Sporadically, But When It Does You Can Hear The Static From Contacts Opening And Closing In My Computer Speakers. Believe It Or Not, That Is How I Discovered The Problem.
    i am glad it was installed new in 1990

cause now we know it was new (only) 17 years ago!

the way you word your question tells me you better hire a qualified hvac co.

im sure that theres a professional tech in your area that is close to being layed off that would be happy to service this unit

no DIYers here call a contractor for service

Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Is the gas valve loosing power? If so find out where the signal is cutting out. If this model has a smartvalve, then that is likely the issue. They have problems with the internal solder joints.
    this sight is not here to take food out of the mouths of our familys
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaintenanceman View Post
    You Can Hear The Static From Contacts Opening And Closing In My Computer Speakers. Believe It Or Not, That Is How I Discovered The Problem.
    i know why but im not telling. call a pro
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Thanks for the education. Since the last post, some other interesting symptoms came up that I will need to have a more qualified tech look at.