Carrier Comfort Zone ll Control Issue

Carrier Comfort Zone ll Control Issue

I have 5 Carrier Comfort Zone ll HVAC systems installed, each has a maximum of 4 zones. I control all of this with a kluged up PC application supplied by our local Carrier dealer many years ago.

The PC control function is really an RS 232 switch. So when you want to program system 1 and it's 4 zones you turn the knob to "A". Once you have selected the sytem you can change any of the zones. This system is very cumbersome to use. THe biggest problem is since it really thinks it is dealing with one HVAC system you can't use name controls for each zone. It is also NOT compatible with any home control system (I have Crestron).

It seems Carrier has the only thermostat that can control zones within a system.

My question is can I upgrade to an Infinity control system or something comparable? I would like to hook into my Crestron control system. My Crestron guy can't find a solution either.

Why doesn't your Crestron guy use this module? I've seen several CZII integrated with Crestron.

I found it here.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Link

Thanx for the refernce link. I see they might have something. I can't access your link at Crestron since I am not a dealer. I will pass this along to my dealer for his comments.

Do you know if you can control multiple systems (HVAC Comfort Zone ll)? That has been my long standing problem. As I understand it, the Comfort Zone system was designed as a total house solution. Since my home is 10,000 sq feet I have 5 separate syetems, hence the control problem.

Since all control boards have an internal address, I presume the Crestron can keep them separated. Good question for your control guy.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.