Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Exclamation Oh boy!!!!

You better get a straight awnser from your contractor. The infinity system as you know monitors many things like refrigerant pressure,and static pressure.
    If your ducts are undersized you will get constant false alarms. Make sure that a manual J and or all proper load calcs are done to your home.This will determine the proper size unit for your home, that way you will know if ducts need repalcing.If your ducts are original since 1930's crap I missed that yeah I think they may need replacing!
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Would there be a problem using old ducts that work for a retrofit infinity system

If the the current old system I have, which I am replacing due to its age, does a good job of heating in the winter and cooling in the summer with the current ducts in the house, why would the same ducts be a potential problem for a carrier infinity system. All responses are appreciaed especially carrier experts. Thanks all for the help and input. ron

If the the current old system I have, which I am replacing due to its age, does a good job of heating in the winter and cooling in the summer with the current ducts in the house, why would the same ducts be a potential problem for a carrier infinity system. All responses are appreciaed especially carrier experts. Thanks all for the help and input. ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12