What is the scope of your service ??

Guys working in Commercial food service equipment, what is the scope of the services you offer ??

I am in school now and want to work in refrigeration/commercial food service equipment. hope to be on my own someday and thinking about offering basic plumbing and drain cleaning services.

Do any of you offer these services along with your HVACR services ????
    RJW
    Senior counter/Inside sales HVACR
    HVACR/Plumbing service tech

Try...there is no try only DO or Do Not

I offer service in all aspects of repair...if the customer needs some outlets changed I change them. If tile work is needed I will do that too. I do minor plumbing such as fixing sinks and toilets if need be but as of yet I don't do drains.

I have looked into a machine and think I will invest in a hand held powered "auger" thing at Lowes ($175) to just do the small drains in the floors and sinks - anything else and it's time to call a plumber dude!

Learn all you can and don't be afraid to try something and you'll be worth more later when you go to the boss and ask for more money (or go out on your own).

Hope that helped....

CW.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

BTW: figured that it was a "gimme" that HVAC and Refrigeration was included in that list of stuff.

CW.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

If you are in a small town you would benefit to pick up as much cross training as you can, i.e. plumbing, electrical, and be broad in hvacr. This allows you to stay busy and keep your valued "few" customers from calling someone else who just may be able to do what you like to specialize in. If your in a bigger city, you have the luxury of specializing. In other words if your in a small town, you better be at the least a jack of all trades, master of "one".

thanks or weighting in .....

Mid size city surrounded by lot of small towns, and I have seen both ways some guys only do refer work and other that do it all. I have experince in plumbing electric and HVACR so that seemed the way to go as for tile, carpentry Ect. my father and brother are carpenters and figure if I am asked to do something outside my comfort zone I can always have somebody there with a phone call to sub the work for me to make customer happy and from call others on ther own.

RJW
    Senior counter/Inside sales HVACR
    HVACR/Plumbing service tech

Try...there is no try only DO or Do Not

Be Thorough In What You Do

Don't Charge The Customer For The Time It Takes You To Learn How To Fix His Equipment Because Thats Cheating Him.