Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks - prices are pretty fixed. One other thing - I'm -pretty- sure (will double check) that the P/L warranty ties me to a certain dealer, who might not be my choice 6 years from now.

Guys - you all -do- make sense, but having 2 systems doubles all the numbers (as I'm not going to 'bet' on which is more likely to fail), and i think you can see that it's hard to ante up close to a couple of K.

good thoughts, though, I appreciate it.
    /j

[i wonder, if a well-maintained compressor dies after like, 3-4 years, isn't it possible that with some begging you could get the -manufacturer- to chip in for the labor?]

Quote Originally Posted by jeffw_00 View Post
    Thanks - prices are pretty fixed. One other thing - I'm -pretty- sure (will double check) that the P/L warranty ties me to a certain dealer, who might not be my choice 6 years from now.

Guys - you all -do- make sense, but having 2 systems doubles all the numbers (as I'm not going to 'bet' on which is more likely to fail), and i think you can see that it's hard to ante up close to a couple of K.

good thoughts, though, I appreciate it.
    /j

[i wonder, if a well-maintained compressor dies after like, 3-4 years, isn't it possible that with some begging you could get the -manufacturer- to chip in for the labor?]
    you would be tied to just carrier/bryant dealers, and good luck begging your way to shared labor, they offered labor coverage and you turned it down. I understand 2 systems is hard to justify extra cash, but if you don't have it to fork out, just make sure you have the parts warranty.
    Last edited by cmajerus; 11-11-2007 at 02:22 PM.
    You can't fix stupid

agreed

T

A snow ball has a better chance in , you know where.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

probably 8-}

There's always a catch. 8-{

I got to look at the paperwork on the extended parts warranty from Bryant. It excludes "dealer markup on parts". Do you mark your parts up? Is the Warranty really going to give me only 50-70% coverage?

If so, starting to seem like not worth it.

We had the same dilemna. Couple of grand for 10 yrs..........We went with Carrier anyway but...........Trane had better warranty deal. Even to drop down to 5yr p&L was close to a grand. (2 HP systems - Performance)

Decided to "self insure". Could be a mistake? Moving in 5 years.

There's always a catch. 8-{

I got to look at the paperwork on the extended parts warranty from Bryant. It excludes "dealer markup on parts". Do you mark your parts up? Is the Warranty really going to give me only 50-70% coverage?

If so, starting to seem like not worth it.

pretty sure that means insurance will pay markup to dealer, not you.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12