lp conversion problem or defective gas valve?

Today I just installed a york two stage 80% furnace converted from natural gas to LP.The salesman and parts department at my company both say that the lp convrsion kit I installed was the correct one.When I started the furnace up with my manometer connected to the gas valve during low fire I could not get my lp pressure to the required 4"w.c . I was only able to get about 1.6"w.c at best by adjusting the low fire regulator.My inlet to the valve is 14"w.c. After trying several different things I finally called york technical support.The only answer york gave me was to replace the gas valve.Being in the Chicago metro area my company really doesn't work on much propane so this problem has never been seen from other tech's.Should the valve be replaced or is their something missing?

What happens to the inlet pressure when you fire the unit?

Oops...sorry, just realized your not a pro member yet and this can't be discussed in this forum.
    Please apply for pro membership.

Replace the valve with one rated for LP.

check the data you will need a higher manifold pressure for LP maybe 6" on low and 10"on hi fire.

A few equip mfgs supply an either or LP/NG valve where you replace spring(s) that comes with the kit in the valve along with the orifices.

Several NG valves will lock up at LP pressures.

Replace the valve with one rated for LP.

check the data you will need a higher manifold pressure for LP maybe 6" on low and 10"on hi fire.

A few equip mfgs supply an either or LP/NG valve where you replace spring(s) that comes with the kit in the valve along with the orifices.

Several NG valves will lock up at LP pressures.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by snhvac422 View Post
    Today I just installed a york two stage 80% furnace converted from natural gas to LP.The salesman and parts department at my company both say that the lp convrsion kit I installed was the correct one.When I started the furnace up with my manometer connected to the gas valve during low fire I could not get my lp pressure to the required 4"w.c . I was only able to get about 1.6"w.c at best by adjusting the low fire regulator.My inlet to the valve is 14"w.c. After trying several different things I finally called york technical support.The only answer york gave me was to replace the gas valve.Being in the Chicago metro area my company really doesn't work on much propane so this problem has never been seen from other tech's.Should the valve be replaced or is their something missing?
    Your gas valve comes with HIGH fire set at 3.5 after conversion adjust high fire above 6 and then adjust low fire to correct setting and then readjust high fire to 10 to 11.5 and that should work.