Carrier Infinity Thermostat

Just got it installed along with the infinity 96 and just wondering about the fan speed... it says low, medium, high, auto, off. I have it set on auto, but just curious is that the best setting for optimum efficiency and use? Im thinking of putting the fan on medium, but would like your input on it before.

Thanks

Those settings would be for " the system is satisfied and I want the fan to continuiously run at low, medium, or high".

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i too, have a new infinity and wonder about the fan speed .. My question is, if I am running the fan at low speed, am I in a way wasting energy? Wouldn't take longer for the house to warm up wih fan at low, with less air being pumped through the coils? The warm air comes from the fan running the air through the warm coils, if the coils are warm, i might as well force as much air as possible to get the heat out of the coil and into the house!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by switchex View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i too, have a new infinity and wonder about the fan speed .. My question is, if I am running the fan at low speed, am I in a way wasting energy? Wouldn't take longer for the house to warm up wih fan at low, with less air being pumped through the coils? The warm air comes from the fan running the air through the warm coils, if the coils are warm, i might as well force as much air as possible to get the heat out of the coil and into the house!!!!
    More air = lower temperature. Brrrr.

AM

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by switchex View Post
    Those settings are for air circulation when the unit is satisfied in the heating or cooling mode.