Opinions on York?

I understand most people on this forum are of the opinion that most HVAC equipment these days is about the same due to all manufacturing with the same parts from overseas.

Any strong opinions one way or the other about York?

I like York, we've just been selling it for about a year now and really have had very few problems. I had the chance to tour their factories and they were very nice.
    I get mine from a distributor that offers 5 day/week deliveries which can be very helpful.
    If I were to try and find a flaw, I would have to say that their low voltage wiring hookup is a little different than industry standard, but we're starting to catch on now.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do.".... Jerry Garcia
    "You just have to decide if you're a Tigger or an Eeyore,..I think you know where I stand on the great Tigger/Eeyore debate." Prof. Randy Pausch

Thanks, lbf...

Where do they fall in price range, low, medium, high?

They have different models that go all the way across the board, from very inexpensive, to top end.
    What type of unit were you looking at?
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do.".... Jerry Garcia
    "You just have to decide if you're a Tigger or an Eeyore,..I think you know where I stand on the great Tigger/Eeyore debate." Prof. Randy Pausch

I'd like a variable speed or modulating...

Either 80 or 90% depending on cost vs. savings over time. Around 75K BTU.Does York make a mod?

Sure, York makes a modulating varible speed furnace. In my area with $1.50/therm gas it normally takes about 4 yrs to payback the 80 vs 90% units. BTW, these VS furnaces match up nicely with a heat pump. The heat pump will usually pay for itself in about 18 months.

I wouldnt put york in my home, I would rather have a goodman.

Quote Originally Posted by RCW View Post
    Either 80 or 90% depending on cost vs. savings over time. Around 75K BTU.Does York make a mod?
    York makes a mod in both a VS blower version, and a multispeed blower version.
    The York mods are part of the Affinity line.
    The Affinity line is the top end line.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Install it before the end of the month and get a nice rebate.

I prefer Luxaire over York. Thats what I sell!
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Thanks for the reply...

I am tending to Lennox, Carrier or Trane - even though I understand I am paying as much for the name as the quality. At least from what I read here most equipment is the same and the install is at least 50% of the value.