Can I run power humidifer when furnace is on fan only?

I have a variable speed furnace and I keep the fan on constant. I have a power humidifier than is set up to kick on when the furnace calls for heat, and the humidistat calls for humidity. However, at this time of year, it is a little dry indoors, and warm enough during the day that the furnace is not running most of the day. Can I run the whole house humidifier with the furnace fan only? Or does the furnace need to be heating? I have a gas furnace, and humidifier is a honeywell 360 supplied by hot water. Thanks!

Your dealer can easily make that change.

I'm sure they can... My general question was whether it would cause a problem or not. Believe me, with a brand new system, I don't intend on voiding my warranty by touching ANYTHING!

I have the Honeywell IAQ thermostat and it is extremely easy to configure my system to do that if you have the installer's programming guide. What stat do you have? I'm in the same position that you are and I'm toying with enabling the humidifier to come on with fan only as well.

I wouldn't think it woud be any more of an issue than the condensation that collects on the coil while running the A/C.

I had my dealer come out and wire my system this way and it was very helpful when the Santa Ana winds came through So Cal a couple weeks ago and dropped the humidity into the single digits.