Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Likes
    I have integrated ALC and RCC in the past.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    I have integrated ALC and RCC in the past.

kontrol out
    Did downloading descriptors work? Can I leave the LG25 and have a MPC reside in the same network?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Not sure what you mean by downloading descriptors, uploading shouldn't be an issue.
    Yes they can both reside on the same network as long as you have unique Dev# (and MAC as well as baud rate if MSTP or IP address if IP).

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

4. Likes -BAS- liked this post
    Post Likes
    Not sure what you mean by downloading descriptors, uploading shouldn't be an issue.
    Yes they can both reside on the same network as long as you have unique Dev# (and MAC as well as baud rate if MSTP or IP address if IP).

kontrol out
    The devices come in as device(their bacnet ID) nothing shows me what room it is. My other option is to sit with pen and paper and wire the conversion on web ctrl

Post Likes
    Unless the original installer named the controllers all you will get is probably model and Dev#. If you have access to WebCTRL you can fat finger it in.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko

7. Likes -BAS- liked this post
    Post Likes
    Unless the original installer named the controllers all you will get is probably model and Dev#. If you have access to WebCTRL you can fat finger it in.

kontrol out
    Got it, going to create an act of God tomorrow. Be in two places at once, run wires and create a names list for a few hundred devices!

Post Likes
    In my JCI / ALC integrations on campus, I'm able to, as said before, discover the LGR routers by instance number and pull that into Metasys as a controller. I then only draw points in from that device that are relevant. Metasys may be different in a sense that I can add and delete anything I want out of a "User View" tab, without actually deleting points defined at the controller level. Most specs are written so that the controller can operate in stand alone mode, with or without having a "head end" server. The servers are for convenience and data repository more than anything else, like looking out one window to see all four sides of a house, so to speak. I don't think you can delete controller data through Bacnet, unless using a config tool though a bacnet/IP data link.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BSU_Energy View Post
    I don't think you can delete controller data through Bacnet, unless using a config tool though a bacnet/IP data link.
    If the device supports dynamic creation and deletion and so does your software application, then yes you can delete and create objects in that device even if it isn't the same manufacturer. Check PICS for the capabilities of devices.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko

Post Likes
    The PICS for ALC router says otherwise. Every value, question 2, deleteable=NO
    http://www.bacnetinternational.net/c...LGR%20PICS.pdf I thought the OP was about pulling ALC existing points in.

Post Likes
    My bad, I took your statement as in regards to BACnet in general not specifically ALC.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567