Does this insatll look right? pictures

Does this installation look right? Please keep in mind that they had to work in a very small space (as u see in the picture)inside a closet with 2 folding doors on each side of it. So that may explain some of the criticism that you may have.

My main concern was the fact that since the new unit was almost twice as big as the old one, they had to rotate the unit 90 degrees to have it fit inside this closet. Is that ok?

The other thing that does not look right to me is the breaker box attached to the duct work!!!! but again, there was no other place to put it!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Talking He says with sarcasam

No it looks like they mounted a vertical system on its side.

If you rotate those pictures so the smoke detector is mounted on the ceiling... the install looks just fine to me. Except for the disconnect mounted to the ductwork. It shoulda been mounted on the wall next to the unit.

Once rotated it looks good to me. Pretty tight spot. Not sure they could have done anything different.
    Its a good Life!

I think they did good considering the space given. My only concern was the connection between the top of air handler and the supply duct. As you can see, they built this pyramid on top on the air handler to connect it to the supply duct. Since the opening of the air handler does not fall directly under the supply duct, is that an issue?

Also no flexible connector was used to reduce vibration, although I don’t think I am getting any vibration as smooth as the variable speed motor is. Is flexible connector an option? Or is it a requirement.

Looks ok to me, flexes are optional, if it sounds ok, then good to go, I would have used one just for ease of the final connection, the transition is fine too, airflow shouldn't be a concern from that.
    You can't fix stupid

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Air handlers should have the Factory Take-off duct size leaving the air handler.

Hard to tell how oversized this duct is.Without the correct size some static pressure capability of the air handler may be lost,which would reduce air flow of the system.This may be minor enough to ignore,can't tell from here.

It appears they could have lowered the air handler to make a better transition to the existing duct.If and only if, you have issues like a sweating air handler,would I look at this issue as a possible cause.

Thats a pretty tight fit. Looks good except for the breaker.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65