Thread: Trane pro review before I buy dual heat

Post Likes

Trane pro review before I buy dual heat

Close to making a decision on a new system for my house. I'd appreciate it if anyone familiar w/ Trane could review the following combo and let me know if it looks okay. 3300 sq ft 2 level in the Pacific NW.

100.000 BTU Furnace #TDH2C100a9V4vA
    Heat Pump is 4 ton 410 A 15 Seer #4Twx5042a1000A
    Coil #4txcc043bc3hca
    I'm also waiting for the numbers on a Bryant system. Pros and Cons on both would be welcome.
    Thanks in advance for all your help. I've learned alot on this site.

Post Likes
    Equipment alone is one thing, and frankly if they are comparable as premium systems, they will both be ok. your decision should be based on the contractor at this point. Who is more professional, who will be there when you need service, which one understands that a happy customer is the only way to be profitable. If one is trying to win your business on price alone, he's probably not the one to go with.

Post Likes
    There's no ARI rating with that coil. Closest is an 044 which could be a replacement for the 043, I haven't heard anyway.

I see Trane finally has their capacity up getting 44,000 BTUs of heat from a 3.5 ton heat pump. But efficiency is pathetic. SEER is 13.50 from a "15 SEER" system and HSPF is only 7.9 so barely above the minimum. That low efficiency just doesn't make sense

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    Equipment alone is one thing, and frankly if they are comparable as premium systems, they will both be ok. your decision should be based on the contractor at this point. Who is more professional, who will be there when you need service, which one understands that a happy customer is the only way to be profitable. If one is trying to win your business on price alone, he's probably not the one to go with.
    Sound advice from my seat. Pick a good Tstat.

Post Likes
    Bones

For your area climate, I think a 95% AFUE gas furnace when paired with a heat pump is overkill. Assuming ductwork is OK, I would upgrade the XL15i HP to a 4 ton two stg XL16i HP and change furnace to a XV80 Var speed model. Get the Honeywell VP IAQ stat.

my opinion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in