Thread: tool

tool

ductboard tool I have the v cut tool .say I need a piece 8 x30x4ft. How much measurement should I add for turns please anyone know. Im a hell of a sheetmtal mech. but this is a remodeled condo . theyll be none of that.

It's been awhile but I believe it's the thickness of the ductboard, as the v-tool cuts it's notch @ 2 45's. I could be wrong...try a scrap piece. Also there's different thicknesses of duct board. one thing for sure....make your final piece(cut around 6 inches longer than you need so you can take off the insulation and use the jacket across the final seam as an overlap with staples. Sorry if I don't explain it well....
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

it depends on which size ductboard you are using if you only have the red tool then the box will not come out square you will need the blue shiplap tool but it can be done without it you will need your duct knife if you have 1 inch board then you will have to add id +1-3/8 then add id +1 3/4 and then id +1 3/4 last will be id+ 2 1/8 once you fold these together you will have to trim some of the fiberglass off with your duct knife to get pretty square here are the dimensions for 1.5 inch id + 2 then id+ 2 5/8 then another id+ 2 5/8 last id + 2 3/4 this will give the correct add on dimensions

Thanks for the advice .If my job was to install that stuff daily. I would quit. Im itching so bad I feel like I have hives. Made plenty of moola though.

Ductboard makes a neat looking job if you use it to insulate around sheet metal duct. That is the only thing I would use it for.
    I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.-Daniel Boone-

Just because a person wanders does not mean he is lost.